*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2100719-THE-KINGDOM-KAMPERS-STORY-Part--2
Rated: E · Article · News · #2100719
Continuation of my article about the first summer of Kingdom Kampers.
THE KINGDOM KAMPERS STORY (Part 2)

In Part 1 of THE KINGDOM KAMPERS STORY, I shared with you the humorous "Peanut-butter Pine Cone Bird Feeder Incident" starring a Kamper named Andy and a Head Counselor named Robin.

Robin was not the only counselor to receive the merited Peanut-butter Pine Cone Award. On another occasion, Andy made one for Head Counselor Debbie Ankney, which was presented to her with similar "pomp and circumstance"!

With his incredible sense of humor and his overflowing Christian love, Andy touched each of us in ways we had never been touched before. He was always expressing concern for us as we took care of his "total care" needs, apologizing for taking up so much more of our time than the other Kampers. It was really a witness to us the way Andy dealt with his handicap and demonstrated his oneness with our Lord. The Lord has really given Andy a special function in His Body and we praise and thank Him for the blessing Andy has been in our lives.

The Lord took each one of the Kingdom Kampers and used them to bless and enrich us in a special way.

The second week of camp we had 6 to 12 year old Kampers. Jenny, Brooke, Bruce, Jaime, Cory, Doug, Scott and Mark, to name but a few, each charmed and touched our hearts in an unforgettable way.

One evening, Jay Herbert entertained us with his puppet show and you should've seen the reactions from these precious young Kampers! They were so thrilled! I was able to capture parts of this show on film so that I can share it and other camp activities at a future Grace Fellowship meeting.

As a follow-up to the puppet show, the Kampers made their own puppets in Arts and Crafts. One of the girls particularly enjoyed the painting of the puppets! It gave her the chance to playfully overshoot her puppet and paint her Craft Director's hands, which held the puppet sooooo nicely for her! (Ha! Ha!) But we got our "revenge". Later that day, we were entertained by a couple of local clowns with a clown show. Before the show, everyone lined up to have their faces painted like clowns by the Arts and Crafts Directors. Guess who enjoyed painting who's face the most? (Uh huh!)

Another activity that was regarded as extra-special was our Kingdom Hayrides. As brother Brody drove our hay wagon over hill and dale around the countryside, we sang camp songs and grinned from ear to ear. After each hayride, we gathered around a closing campfire for a special time of singing and sharing.

Everyone felt a little sad as Kingdom Kampers drew to a close each week. The Lord created an extraordinary bond between us. We are all eagerly anticipating our next Kingdom Kampers session, Lord Willing, next summer.
© Copyright 2016 Steve McLean (stevemclean46 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2100719-THE-KINGDOM-KAMPERS-STORY-Part--2