*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2102273-A-note-to-self
by Lucy
Rated: E · Monologue · Inspirational · #2102273
A small reminder to be beautiful and at one with our world.
If the world's your oyster, then you tell me, why do people choose to sink to the bottom of their bed sheets? People like me are always ridiculed for floating high and dreaming but if you don't open up your shell and show the world, how are people suppose to see your beauty? You can only be admirable if you let the soul of the sea devour you and the let the grass grow from underneath your feet. You have to be the land and the ocean all in one, at the same time. If you hide away, you may never see the shimmering mountains or feel the warmth of the desert storm hit your face. To live is to travel, to explore and to prosper. To enjoy is to enhance the wanderlust and embrace the day and the night and to learn is to ponder and play. Tell yourself that we become the things we feel so feel your surroundings. Bend down and stroke the ground. Scrape your knees on the gravel and bruise your bones on the man-made brickwork and then nurture yourself with earths natural remedies. Grow. Love. Nourish. Be beautiful like our world.
© Copyright 2016 Lucy (lucyrylands at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2102273-A-note-to-self