*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2102293-Thanksgiving-Dinnuh
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Comedy · #2102293
Dialog 500, Nov 2016, prompt info below, word count: 371
"Come on....ansuh the phone."

"Hello, ma."

"So what's this email, eh? I am not, repeat, not, doing Thanksgiving dinnuh at my house."

"It's only fuh eight people, fuh God's sake."

"I don't care. I don't care if it's fuh eight or eighty. I'm not doin' it."

"What's the big deal, ma?"

"The big deal is last time we had it ovuh hee-uh, yuh Uncle Paulie was..."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I rememba. But that has nothin' to do with this yee-uh. Nothin'."

"It has everything to do with it. I swore I was done with breakin' my back to put on these dinnuhs. I'm too old for this shit."

"I'll bring the turkey, stuffin’ and yams. You do a salad and mashed potatiz. Sal and Anna will bring a pecan pie and the wine. Micco and Barb will bring somethin', I don't know what yet. See? It'll be easy."

"Hello. There musta been some kinda interference on the line. I thought I heard you say somethin' about salad and potatiz.”

"Ma, stop it. Wee-uh havin' it at yaw house. You've got room fuh eight. I'm doin' the hard part. Plus, the city's snowed in. All the airpawts are closed. Nobody can go nowhere, but we can make it to yaw house."

"I've got plans. Sorry."

"Whatevs."

"The stove is broken."

"I'll fix the potatiz if I hafta."

"The dining room chairs are at the upholstery shop."

"We'll bring chairs."

"Oh, I forgot to tell ya, we moved to a tiny apartment in Florida."

"Sucha comedian."

"Ha."

"Jack and I'll be ova around ten. The rest, wheneva."

"Who else besides Sal and Anna?"

"Micco and Barb."

"Who the hella they? Wait. Wait a minute. Micco and Barb who?"

"They were in town for the Today Show and Joey told me they wuh stranded. So I invited them to a Thanksgiving dinnuh cooked by their biggest fan. Joey passed it on and they accepted."

"If you're lyin', I swear on my mother's grave..."

"I'm not lyin'."

"If Micco Alva and Barb Mathews from As the World Turns are invited to my Thanksgiving dinnuh, I'm cookin’ the turkey."

"It's thawing in my ice box."

"Did you get it from Nassau Meats?"

"Ma..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prompt: You try to talk your way out of hosting Thanksgiving dinner
© Copyright 2016 NeedingBeachDuf 🐠⛵🏝️ (meduf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2102293-Thanksgiving-Dinnuh