*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2102301-Logic
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2102301
Flash Fiction
Logic

“I had the strangest dream last night. I was driving to work, but not in a car, I was in this shiny ball that rolled above the street and I was sitting at the top in a bubble sort of bump thing, looking out at all the other balls on the street. But then I veered off into this park like place and my ‘car’ just rolled over the grass and between the trees, but it seemed perfectly normal to me.

After a few minutes I ‘drove’ toward this heavily wooded area and my bubble shrunk so I could fit between the trees. At the end of the path was a huge yellow building where I apparently worked.

Somehow I got into the building, I don’t remember how, but then I was in an elevator and there was this other guy too, who seemed to know me and he asked me if I’d made the decision yet. I had no idea what decision I was supposed to be making so I just said ‘not yet’ and as soon as the elevator stopped I got out, but then he got out too. I didn’t know where to go to get away from him so I turned and went into the men’s room to hide and try to figure out what to do.

But the men’s room turned out to be this big meeting room with everybody sitting around a huge table and they all stood up and started applauding and I knew they were waiting for some big announcement from me but I had no idea what it was. Then I suddenly rose up and floated right out the window, where I immediately fell to the ground and died!

What do you make of that dream!”

“My guess… double Jalapeño pizza…?”
© Copyright 2016 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2102301-Logic