*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2102417-Castle-Memories
by Angel
Rated: E · Short Story · Dark · #2102417
A different view of a Castle
Buried here for so many years I've watched people come and go, but nobody until now knew I was here. This place was a joyous place for me as a child, playing in the grounds of the castle. I imagined all sorts of things I would do when I grew up, but I didn't grow up.

My name is Alison, I lived in a small village, I don't really remember where now, it's been a long time, but I do remember the castle. It was a central point of view, it could be seen wherever you went. We would play there, my siblings and I. What were their names? Sally, Tom and Ed I believe! We'd be out for hours in the holidays, as long as we did our jobs first and were home in time for tea. I wonder what Mother and Father thought when I didn't come home for tea that day.

We were always together, but that day we were playing hide and seek and I found a hole; well it was almost like a cave really. I decided it was the most amazing place to hide, but I didn't realise that it was already occupied. I hid for only a short time before I felt a hand around my mouth and I was pulled back into the cave. The man had been living there and nobody knew. I heard my brothers and sister calling but they didn't find me.

Today somebody found me, I wonder how! For the first time in years, I can see daylight and the castle again. Someone is softly brushing the dirt from my face. At last, I can be at peace, laid to rest in a place of my family's choosing, not here in the place that reminds me of my terrible last days.



© Copyright 2016 Angel (angelglory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2102417-Castle-Memories