*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2102582-The-Rest
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Emotional · #2102582
A reward while going home after a vacation.
THE REST


         This summer, on my way home from visiting all of my good friends, I stopped at a rest stop on I-25, above Trinidad, Colorado. It was 8:30 at night, terribly windy with heavy driving rain, and I was tired.
         Not wanting to do the expense and formality of a rent, a room, turning on the TV and falling asleep, I had prepared a space in the back of the Trail Blazer for one man to stretch out on a camping cushion, with a pillow, and a warm blanket, in the valley between all of my stuff.
         After having been cooped up in a house, doing housework, 3 Chihuahua's and all the stuff going on in the world for a couple of years, I lay down in that space with the rain tapping on the roof, safe, the wind rocking my nest, and slept the sleep of a Weary Traveler for the next six hours.          What a great feeling.
         Then, trained as I am, I poured myself back into the driver's seat, fueled up at the first place I found, and took myself home, refreshed and excited without question.
         The rest, so hard to explain.
© Copyright 2016 gottagosee (gottagosee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2102582-The-Rest