*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2102715-Panic-on-board
by Lucy
Rated: ASR · Monologue · Emotional · #2102715
A metaphorically speaking, emotional review of someone experiencing a panic attack
The sickness leaves a residue in your stomach and makes itself the most prominent. You'll feel like you'd swallowed the ocean and some of the sea froth lingered in the back of your throat. There'd be so much spit. Your gut would churn as a storm brewed inside of you. As it grew, your mind would get darker and then came the lightening bolts of toxic thoughts. You blamed your self like you could control it all; your feelings and the weather. Your whole world crashing down like thunder. You don't feel warm or cold, in fact, you don't feel anything at all. You keep yours eyes open to look for land because if you closed them, you'd capsize. Being overwhelmed with tears, in this state, was drowning. As soon as you lost control of those sails, that was the end. No turning back. Nothing more to grab on to. You'll tie down all of your promises and you won't be able to undo the knot. Like this, we refer to you as a ship wreck - you're lost at sea. You need something or someone to stop your stomach twisting and your mind swirling and your body shaking and all you'll want, no mater the consequences, would be for the psychosis to stop. But no one is there and nothing can help. So it will continue and the more you panic, the lower your boat will sink.
© Copyright 2016 Lucy (lucyrylands at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2102715-Panic-on-board