*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2103701-The-Battle
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2103701
Flash Fiction
The Battle

General Pak sat dejectedly in his cubby. He could hear the murmur of his troops, most unable to sleep. He had to come up with a plan. Today had been a disaster.

To get to the enemy, they first had to scale a huge wall. All good climbers, over a third of his troops were on the wall when the enemy started over. The enemy’s army was no bigger than his; however, they hadn’t climbed, they were flying!

Suddenly coming over the top, row after row of enemy troops, flying! Each seeming to be in a small flying tank. At the front, pearl shaped windows budging out both sides giving them practically three-hundred-sixty-degree vision, and then, actual swords! Each tank had its own sharp sword sticking out the front!

Pak’s troops tried to stay calm but panic set in quickly. Solders were actually falling off the wall at the sight above, and below many began retreating, escaping in every direction, carrying off the wounded as best they could.

Thankfully, there were no serious injuries, however morale was crushed. The general knew it was going to be a hard sell rallying them for another go. Many were still terrified, certainly understandable. Others, however, refusing to let themselves off the hook, were actually ashamed.


Over in the enemy camp, Reynolds was smirking. Nobody had believed he could even get them to work together! ‘I’ve fricking amazed myself!’ he thought, ‘we just outright won our very first battle!’

Outside, however, his troops were sneaking off in droves. “I don’t know about you,’ one said to another, ‘but I don’t care what Reynold’s is offering. I was having a better life alone than this fighting ants thing. I’m out!”

He turned and flew off with the rest of the fleeing mosquitoes.
© Copyright 2016 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2103701-The-Battle