*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2103712-The-Woman-witht-the-pearl-necklace
Rated: E · Draft · Dark · #2103712
just a short
The Woman With The Pearl Necklace
The man walked toward the stairs that climbed to the hallway where his room was. He reached the foot of the stairs. He touched the railing and wall and looked up. There was a silhouette at the top, she glided down the hallway. He knew he should have felt fear, but he did not. He felt a sense of serenity, and hope.
"Stop," he moaned, then followed her. He reached the top of the stairs and saw her enter his bedroom. He wondered who she was. He followed her.
She was not in his bedroom. She seemed to have disappeared. He became agitated. He walked to the open window and saw her standing at the swing set on the lawn. Maybe she is a ghost. He thought, he climbed out the window and down the trellis. As he moved toward her he noticed her Pearl necklace. He noticed that she seemed sinister, so he drew his sword. He winced when he got close, because that is when he noticed that she is omnipresent. She then vanished, only to show herself behind him.
He backed up away from her, wanting to run away, but he didn't have mobility to do so. He just stood there. His patience running thin he slashed the sword at her and nothing happened in response. She looked ghostly. He was frozen still, paralized.
She floated away and when he could barely see her, she vanished all together. He often wonders what happened that night, but he chalks it down to just a dream. Half being in denial and half disbelief, he often times sits out there wondering if the beautiful woman will ever return. She never did, but he still to this day hopes for that serenity that he felt.
© Copyright 2016 frosty456 (cjii31frosty at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2103712-The-Woman-witht-the-pearl-necklace