*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2103738-Loved-by-all
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Career · #2103738
An amazing cricketing talent who was taken away from us a bit too early.
Loved by all

A country boy whose love for the "Baggy Green" took him all the way from a rural Australian town to the bright lights of international cricket. He made his test debut aged just 20 in South Africa, scoring consecutive centuries in his first two innings. At the other end he was supported by none other than David Warner: who loved his presence at the crease. This was only a glimpse of a bright cricketing career which followed him. What a way it was to bring the bright lights out on a debut. Despite breaking records on a South African soil and being compared to cricketing greats like Don Bradman, Phillip Hughes never lost his touch for the lovely game of cricket. He made many friends, captivated the hearts of millions of fans like me with his unorthodox cricketing techniques. Like Bradman he grew in a rural Australian town. Born on November 30 th, 1988 in Macksville, Australia Hughes scored some 9,000 first class runs. He last played at test level in July 2013. I still remember one of his interviews in which he mentioned "Cricket is all about consistency and I am looking forward for consistency and looking to score as much runs as possible." On 25th November 2014 while Hughes was batting to regain his place in the national side he was felled by a bouncer at the Sydney Cricket Ground. Two days later on Thursday 27th November he passed away due to severe head injury. He was surrounded by his family, friends and loved ones. This news didn't take long to reach my ears. It was his work ethics and humble behavior that I and thousands of his fans all around remembered.
"When he was down or had a setback he simply got on with his work and tried harder, a heart of a man with divine soul." This might not sound as an event of great sorrow for others but for the fans of this wonderful sport it was an important distinction. His innings has been recorded as 63 unbeaten which now will be a record that no one can achieve. He will forever remain 63* not out. What I will say is "Once Macksville's great, a cricketing great." I regard myself as a blessed cricket fan to have known a great cricketing icon like Hughes. A guy from the farms who loved his animals now will be loved by all. The cheeky smile which he gave on his debut will be missed, that example he set to many youths who had dreams painted in their heads will be missed and most of all his 64 numbered shirt and 403 numbered shaggy green cap will be missed.
A heart of a man who lived his life with a wonderful game we play, whose presence didn't just enrich our sports, but our lives too. At the age of just 25 he had been able to touch the hearts of millions of people around and inspire people like me with his never dying attitude and his love for the game of cricket. I may not have known his as well as his friend or family members but what I can say is the game of cricket will never be the same without him. The language of sporting is a battle of tragedies. In reality the heroes usually walk away with an impact in their respective sports. No matter what the sport is or what it is concerned with it's a shock if we lose a sportsman. "Where else would you want to play boys rather than playing for your country and representing its pride." Was one of the most encouraging quotes told by Hughes in a practice session to his team which will remain forever in their heads.
The out-pour of tribute to him from cricketers, fans all over the world shows his spirit is still in action. His spirit brought this globe together. He was always consistent with the way he lived and played. He always wanted to bring people closer and always showed love for the game and its people. Is this the common spirit of the game that we share? Players, fans, cricketing greats showing their grief towards this unlikely event. The spirit of cricket binds us together; the love towards this game which millions of us admire is the biggest tribute which we can offer him. This is what makes it one of the greatest games to have ever been played. Phillips spirit will be a part of our lives forever, we must learn from it. A person who touches thousands of hearts never dies. Rest in Peace Phillip Hughes see you out there in the middle someday. God has taken you too soon in his arms you had a world to discover, a life to live and fans like me to entertain. Hope to meet you someday; you will always remain as an inspiration for us all. This is all I could remember as a tribute for you.





© Copyright 2016 Nripesh (thisiscro at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2103738-Loved-by-all