*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2104022-What-Scares-Tammy
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Dark · #2104022
Tammy is afraid of being alone
"Remember Curtis?"
Yeah, the random stranger you decided give a crap about before me?
"What about him?" Tammy asked, 23 inches of rubber and metal table separating the step-sisters, an invisible fishing line of tension was tightly strung between them, paraell to that which bound Jackie to Claudia.
"He asked me if we had anything particularly fun to do on Halloween and I said 'no' so he said, 'You wanna check out this awesome haunted house I like going to every year? It's pretty wild'."
"Oh hell yeah," Jackie's tendons twanged like guitar strings, "What's it called? Where is it? We should go!"
"I dunno what it's called. I just know it's on tatum."
"Helpful," Claudia grumbled into a coagulated cube of chicken teriyaki rice, molded by the cardboard take-out box.
"Alright, Im sorry Im useless with directions, sue me. But I mean, we really don't have much time left till halloween and we don't have anything planned. And I think you guys should get to know Curtis. He's cool."
"Is he as cool as me?" Jackie asked with a raised eyebrow and a grin.
"Of course not, Jackie."
"Is his dick as big as mine?" Hunter jeered. Tammy snorted.
A second that seemed too long passed by.
"Why you always gotta make it like that, huh Hunter?" Jackie finally asked.
"It's funny."
"Well, so is slapstick, so why don't you just go get crushed under a safe or something?"
"How bout Claude and I go at it again, for old time's sake, and she can crush me." he looked right at her.
"Fuck you!" Claudia roared.
"That's exactly what I was suggesting you do."
Jackie jumped to her defense, a habit at this point, "Dude, that joke was so obvious and easy it wasn't even funny. Booo!"
Tammy is described by Hunter (sometimes warmly, other times not) as a "bitch-ass". But out of the girls, she'd probably resist the least to go to a "haunted house". Modern technology probably couldn't construct a "haunted house" that could really scare her. Sure, she startles real easily. It's too easy to make her shriek and run away. But thats not fear. That's surprise. Throw a cake in her face when she's not expecting it and you'd get the same reaction as if it were a butcher with a chainsaw.
That's why Tammy is Obsessed with horror movies. They convince her time and time again that she's got balls. She's brave. She can handle anything. She could handle being alone in the woods or face to face with however many Satans exist in all worlds.
Tammy is afraid of nothing.
Tammy is terrified of nothing.
The things that scares her are found only in cartoons. Which is so bitch-ass of her, but its too hard to put into words to explain it to the others, so they don't know.
When cartoons have scenes that take place in the dark, and your screen goes completely black, and theres nothing but the character's eyes floating around in the void.
Nothing but your eyes!
Most kids are scared of the dark because they can't see what can get to them. Tammy is scared of everything and everyone that can't get to her. That if anything did get to her-
If a teenage girl screams from her very soul and no one hears it, does she really have a soul? Does anyone?
© Copyright 2016 Jilluminati (sinadinosaur at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2104022-What-Scares-Tammy