*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2104644-Cold-that-Teased-like-Skipping-Ferrets
Rated: E · Essay · Relationship · #2104644
A placeholder. Or not?
The Cold that Teased like Skipping Ferretts

A Short Story by KJ DelMass

Bill Undersprout looked at the round bucket in his hands and felt wistful.

He walked over to the window and reflected on his ramshackle surroundings. He had always hated awesome Universal Import and Export with its green, gorgeous ghosts. It was a place that encouraged his tendency to feel wistful.

Then he saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the figure of Annie Renoir. Annie was a hardworking idiot with bucktoothed ears and pointed wrists.

Bill gulped. He glanced at his own reflection. He was a tremulous, idealistic, buttermilk drinker with lanky ears and bespectacled wrists. His friends saw him as a hot, homeless hero. Once, he had even rescued a flabby lawn mower from a burning building.

But not even a tremulous person who had once rescued a flabby lawn mower from a burning building, was prepared for what Annie had in store today.

The cold teased like skipping ferretts, making Bill hungry.

As Bill stepped outside and Annie came closer, he could see the lazy glint in her eye.

Annie gazed with the affection of 4118 dreamer homeless honey badger. She said, in hushed tones, "I love you and I want a fish."

Bill looked back, even more hungry and still fingering the round bucket. "Annie, get out of my office," he replied.

They looked at each other with dreamy feelings, like two loud, lonely lemmings lying at a very dishonest Basketball game, which had Sousa March music playing in the background and two wicked uncles guzzling to the beat.

Bill regarded Annie's bucktoothed ears and pointed wrists. "I feel the same way!" revealed Bill with a delighted grin.

Annie looked hopeful, her emotions blushing like a smoked, stormy spoon.

Then Annie came inside for a nice drink of buttermilk.

THE END
© Copyright 2016 KJ DelMass (delmass at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2104644-Cold-that-Teased-like-Skipping-Ferrets