*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2104721-Description-and-background-stories
Rated: E · Short Story · Activity · #2104721
A brief description and background for some of the stories I have experienced with friends
It is Halloween once again. We gather with Halloween with a bunch of friends to celebrate.
Of course, drinking is involved, but there is always something that "prevents" fun, some say.
That are my rules. It might sounds stupid, but I created the rules to make sure we would never have to worry.
We make sure everyone gets escorted home by someone we trust, we limit the way of transportation for someone, you name it.
(These apply for situations that include drinking.)

So, back to where I wanted to go, most of my friends where there.
I'm giving them other names, as their stories are, somewhat... Different.
I make sure they cannot be identified, while maintaining the integrity of their stories.
The fololwing are the set-ups from that evening, the last that was as peaceful as a normal night out with friends.

(Note that I refer myself as Jason.)
Next to me sat my best friend (and stalker), Jake.
On the other side of me, my second-best friend, Ricardo.
An old friend from school sat next to Jake, Dimitri.
Another friend of mine from elementary school, Mike.
The brother of Ricardo also joined that evening, Leroy was his name.
Across from the table sat a female friend of a co worker, Alice.

There were more, but these are the ones that I think need to get their story told one way or another.
(Still with the anonymity.)
If something happens to one of them, and adds up to a whole new arc, I'll edit them in.

(There are many now-conflicting friends that evening.
Please note that this was the last evening before you-know-what hit the fan.)

All of us, then without a partner or any relationship.
We were just a few happy friends, hanging out together.
Little did we know, we would each walk our own path from then on.
Each with their own problems, solutions and scars of the past.

They all get their own arc, both as I experienced it, and as they said they experienced it themselves.
Of course, I also add opinions about my view of the situation they were faced with.
Most commonly I use the () for this during my friend's experience.

P.S. Although it is rather conflicting to write about my friends (especially when I had a fight with them), I always stand by the truth.
(That means you can see me getting mad about nothing, since I had my own problems to deal with too.
Not to forget that I thought bad about some friends along the way too.)

P.S.S. I don't think it's 'fun' to write about my friends, I just want some way to get it of all of our chests with it.
But maybe you are faced with the same situation, then you might know what to learn from this and how to handle (or not).
PLEASE NOTE that while doing so, I claim no responsibility when the situation goes worse as these are the situations in my surrounding.
© Copyright 2016 Dutchhunter (dutchhunter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2104721-Description-and-background-stories