*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2104900-The-Presidents-Son
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2104900
Social network brings different people together
"The Uber is waiting for us, hurry up!" Lisa tapped her foot impatiently as I fell into my luggage. Her face was the same shade of red as her hair, which meant either she was going to explode with rage or she had accidentally eaten a peanut and was going to die. Either way, time was limited. "Are you auditioning for Saturday Night Live or something?"

"I--" Before I could finish my thought, the most perfect man in the world walked by. That is to say without seeing his face, I had already decided I wanted to marry him and adopt babies until we were bitter old men. His blond hair was cut short and slicked back. His suit was made by Tom Ford, and his butt strained the fabric. "Who is that?"

"I don't know. Can you come on, the Uber is going to leave and then we will be forced to take the subway." Her hands were on her hips, making her seem more like a mom than the gypsy she proclaimed to be. "You can look at hot guys in suits on the internet later!"

Trying to navigate traffic in New York City is like trying to explain the difference between DC Comics and Marvel Comics to someone. It can be done but really why bother? After an eternity of the driver yelling words that would make Betty White blush, we made it to Collins Castle. "How in the world did you get a room here for me?"

"Only the best for The Broke Writer's Blogger of The Year." A small smile crossed my face. After President Collins won a second term, somehow, I began tweeting him directly. This led to my blog being discovered by hundreds of thousands of people. The Broke Writer's editorial board also found me and the rest as they say is history. "When is your Key Note Speech?"

"Tomorrow night, I kick off the conference." I loved how bougie that sounded. For years, I had lived up to the magazine's name, and now I was going to be staying in the hotel that once had refused to hire me. "You going to be there?

"I'm going to try to be there. But Cassidy has been sick, so I may get to go on for her."

"Either way, let's do dinner before I leave."

We hugged and I grabbed my luggage from the trunk of the car. A bellman appeared from nowhere and helped me get it inside. After I checked in, I took a small nap.

Dinner consisted of the editors of the magazine fawning over me and pumping me up for the start of the conference. Since I had long ago made the decision not to imbibe while working, I was in need of a nice strong vodka and whatever chaser they had. When I gave the bartender my order, he looked slightly annoyed but went about making it.

"Pay no attention to his attitude, we keep meaning to fire him. Then he makes us a drink and we realize why we can charge $20 for a screwdriver." I was taken aback when I turned and found Derek Collins sitting in the chair next to mine. The bartender went to ask for payment but Derek waved him off. "It's on me."

"Thank you." Something felt off to me, but who was I to turn down free alcohol? I was making money but not give up free alcohol money. "It's very nice of you."

"Not really. We'll just write it off as business expense." His smile was intoxicating, as was his cologne. "I'll get right to it, I need you to stop tweeting my father. He's very stressed and I'm very worried about him."

"This is America, I can tweet and say what I want. If your father is having health problems, then he shouldn't have run for re-election and definitely shouldn't be in the public eye."

After more drinks than either of us could count, we went up to my room. I've never been one to kiss and tell but we did things that would make Kim Kardashian blush.

The sun fought the blinds to filter into the room. My eyes opened and I snuggled in closer to him. "I had no idea you were gay."

"It's not something we advertise." His voice was a few octaves deeper in the morning, which made him even sexier to me. "I was serious last night when I said that you were talented and I admire you."

"But not when you said you wanted to be with me, that we could be a couple."

"That was true too. But I can't be as open as you are. An entire empire rests on my shoulders."

"I'm not willing to be your secret. If we're going to be together, then let's be together. But don't expect me to hide away."

"You don't..." Derek was cut off by the door opening.

"Hey, you're going to be late for brunch." Lisa breezed into the room She eyed Derek, and looked him over. He grabbed his boxers
from the ceiling fan and pulled them on. "Never mind I see why. Not bad."


"Lisa, behave yourself. Mr. Collins was just leaving."

"Actually..."

"I've said all I have to say on the matter."

He left the room without another word. The day went by in a blur, and before I knew it I was back at the airport.

"Ben, wait!" I turned and found Derek running for me. I stepped out of the line for my plane. "Don't leave like this. I want to be with you."

"But I can't be a..."

"You don't have to be. I don't care who knows that I love you."

"You what? After just one... How is that possible?" The thoughts tumbled over my head but one stood out. "I love you too. I've
never felt like this before."


He took me in his arms and pulled me into a kiss. People applauded for us.


© Copyright 2016 Author Ed Anderson (spaz11081 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2104900-The-Presidents-Son