*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2104937-Jake-and-Jason-Chapter-Three
Rated: E · Chapter · Young Adult · #2104937
The third chapter, which happened after revealing a small problem of Jake...
Jake and Jason chapter three

CHAPTER THREE

After having heard Dimitry's side of his story, I was not going to let all of this happen.
Although both sides are wrong by doing this, it bothered me that this could have been prevented.
If only Jake wasn't such a lazy person and walked to the ATM... Instead, he owes Dimitry money.
As I approached the cafe where I'd meet Jake, I saw something about him.
He seemed... Happy... Does he think I'm on his side?

As I greeted him and sat on the opposite side of the table, he started to laugh.
"Dude, what's wrong? Toothpaste again?" I asked, as I wiped my mouth.
"You did it man, Dimitry is finally laying off my back!" He said, happily.
Does he even know I am here to tell that he stopped because I was going to ask him?

"Yeah, about that..." I said, and looked at him. His face started to look like he sat on something sharp or anything.
As I saw his face, trying to say something, but no sound came out of it.
"You actually OWE Dimitry the money. Whether you stole it, used him or... Anything..." I said, with each word destroying more and more happiness on his face.
"He made death threats and you're on his side?" He said confused, looking at me, with the tears in his eyes like he wanted to cry. I never felt so guilty in my life.
"I'm on no one's side. You used his money, but didn't give anything back. Not even the rest of the 50 bucks!"
Although for most of us, 50 bucks isn't much, especially for me and Dimitry since we work, but for Jake...

Jake was careful with money, but when he drinks, he likes to spend it on food or more drinks.
We know he isn't really rich or anything, neither did Dimitry needed the money because he had payday from work.
It was a matter of morals here. 50 bucks didn't mean much to Dimitry and me, but for Jake, it apparently meant a lot now.
He had no work, lived off the money he got from his parents every month...
I felt guilty, but all of that disappeared when he slammed his fist on the table...

"It doesn't matter! Yes I used his money, does that give him clearance to bully me all over again? To make death threats?"
He said angrily, and before I got to say anything in between, he went on.
"He knows I don't have enough money and he pushed me to take it! I could have given him back what I had left, but I used that too when we went all to the club!"
And with that, it was a bit clearer to me where the rest of the money went. He used it at the club too.
But even with that, he could have given at least something back or walked to the ATM...
He didn't do one of those options.

"If I calculate correctly, I'm still missing a few bucks." I said calmly, trying to make him calm down.
"It doesn't matter now, does it?! Bugger off with all of this! He could have gone to me personally, not send you!" He said, still mad. I wanted to tell him right then and right there that I did this voluntarily, but boy oh boy, wasn't that the time for it.
He said he didn't want to pay him back, because of "Morals" he had. That's when it hit me.
They both have a big ego, that they rather want to protect and fight over, then to admit something and prevent a fight.
They're both not giving up because both of them see something the other has to learn about this situation.

"Just, pay back what you owe man... Money can destroy someone's life, we all know that... And clear your debt, no one wants it..." I said. But he looked determined, as I never seen before. I was kinda proud, I guess, that he finally was determined to do something, to stand up... But now now and not on this...
"I have no debt to clear because I'm not in debt to someone that threatens me and uses me to get closer to you, so--" he said, coming closer to my face. "Bugger off and tell Dimitry that maybe you two should be a couple now. You're as dead to me as Dimitry is to me..." as he wanted to walk away after he stood up. It all happened so fast...

I kicked him in his leg from behind and pushed him down to the ground. It was a matter of instinct to stand up for myself.
"You can say whatever you want to anyone, but we are best friends and I am NOT going to let you walk all over ME!" I said, but immediately regretted I did any of this.
"We were best friends... I don't want to see you around anymore..." as he stood up and walked away.
I could have followed him, but I needed to pay the bill I told myself. Even after that, I could have set it right, there and then.
But I didn't. Maybe this was a lesson that he needed to learn.
A few hours later, I received a picture of his leg, with my footprint on it.
I guess I kicked a little too hard. But as soon as I wanted to text him, I knew what happened.

He blocked me... He blocked me on everything we had to communicate with each other.
And like always, I had a hunch he told his mother. If he did, then I...

I need to set this straight... Before...

In chapter 4 of Jake and Jason, you can read what all happened after this. There is a lot to take in on both sides and a lot to consider.
While you're on it, I'm going to write about the rest too, if I got the time to spare too.
© Copyright 2016 Dutchhunter (dutchhunter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2104937-Jake-and-Jason-Chapter-Three