*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2105432-Broom
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2105432
Three Minute Read
Broom

“Give me that broom, will ya?”

“Here, what are you doing anyway?”

“Cleaning up of course.”

“Cleaning up… what?”

“You know the patio, around… we don’t have to live in a dump you know.”

“It’s hardly a dump! Yes, it’s a bit messy, toys, some junk, it was windy last night leaves blew in, but that’s normal. This is not a dump.”

“I’m sorry, I was being thoughtless, of course it’s not a dump. I just think it could be a little neater. When the kids play it will be nicer if it’s neater, teach them a little about how things should be. Maybe they might start picking up their toys or sweeping off the leaves, you know, if they get to like it neater.”

“You’re dreaming. They’re kids! They will not be taking ‘neat lessons’ from the likes of us. Just enjoy this! Just enjoy them and let them be kids. This is a fleeting moment in time for us. It’s not our job to teach the kids anything, leave that to their parents. We get to be the fun! We don’t have to teach, or scold, we get to just play. What is going on with you today?”

“I don’t know, just feeling wistful I guess, plus, it’s freezing.”

“Thank goodness, more time for us!”

“Oh yeah! You know, I keep forgetting I’m a snowman this time.”
© Copyright 2016 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2105432-Broom