*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2105724-Saving-Grace
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2105724
Flash Fiction
Saving Grace

The car that hit Grace’s had sped off before Grace’s car went over the cliff. Did they come back to check? Would anybody even know she was here?

She didn’t seem hurt, but the car was resting in a scruffy looking tree growing out of the canyon wall. The door was jammed, managing to get the window open she tried climbing out, but the car lurched violently. Plus, even if she got out, where would she go? She couldn’t see any way to get back up, or down from here. It was really cold too. She hadn’t seen any lights above and feared that nobody would know she was here till daylight; she could be dead before they finally free her.

The last conversation with Ted suddenly came to mind. The last argument. She wanted things her way and when he’d had another idea, she’d shut it down. Why did she do that? Faced with the thought that she might never see him again, she suddenly realized what he meant to her.

Pulling pen and paper out, she slipped off a glove and started writing a note. Thoughts and feelings poured through her pen. Ted was the most important person in her life, he needed to know that. He was her essential, the love of her life!

Suddenly she heard a clunk and a large hook attached itself to the car, stabilizing it. Then she heard helicopters and saw men being let down. She was being rescued!

Quickly gathering her belongings, she saw the note. It was probably the truest, most reveling thing she had ever written. She had bared her very soul in this note to Ted.

‘Humm…’ she thought, ‘Ted doesn’t really need to know this.’ And she ripped it up, scattering the pieces out over the canyon.
© Copyright 2016 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2105724-Saving-Grace