*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2106634-Attacked-at-the-Campfire
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2106634
While the campfire is crackling and the stars are twinkling, he is attacked.
         The stars were twinkling and the campfire was crackling on the night of my death.

         I was sitting by the campfire, surrounded by my many friends, when I was seized by a hand from behind. I turned around to see who had grabbed me, but it was the last action I made. My attacker stabbed a sharp stick through my body and everything faded to black.

         It seemed like hours later when I woke, but I think it was just seconds. Head throbbing and eyes shut, I had no idea where I was being lifted to. That’s when I felt the searing heat on my back, all around my body. Barely managing to open my eyes, I discovered I was suspended just above thousands of flames, each flame desparately trying to set me on fire. I knew that if they touched me, I would burn up like a pile of straw.

         Whatever cruel person had stabbed me, they were now trying to burn me alive.

         Barely hanging onto life after one hundred and sixty torturous seconds, my body was lifted back from the flames. If they had changed their mind about killing me, it was too late.

         The last thing I felt, as I was breathing my last breath, was being laid on a hard surface and being smashed by something hard and… chocolatey?

         My last hope is that this horrific operation will not happen to any of my fellow marshmallows.
© Copyright 2016 Chester Banks (chesterbanks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2106634-Attacked-at-the-Campfire