*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2106800-Transgender-Realities
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by The Vu
Rated: 13+ · Article · Educational · #2106800
The realities of the Transgender Bathroom and Dressing Room issue.
Transgender,

I have no issue with transgender people using the bathroom they identify with, but I do think the issue has not been thought out completely. The other day I overheard my high school age grandson and friends talking about if transgender boys get to use the girl's bathroom and girls PE dressing room, then they were going to register for girls PE class next semester. This way they do not have to take boys PE class so they won't get bullied plus they get to check out the girls while they are changing in or out of their gym cloths.

They seemed to have this figured out pretty good. All they have to do is declare they are transgender and say they feel like a girl trapped in a boy's body. Since you have to be 18 to get the sex change operation, then there is no way to prove otherwise, unless you get a note from the doctor. If the school turns them down, they will claim discrimination and they will appeal to the government and to the ACLU to sue them. One of the boys does look feminine.

All they have to do is dress up like a girl to make their point. Female impersonators have been around a long time. Movies have been made about it, look at the movie Tootsie with Dustan Hoffman, he was pretty convincing. Declaring they feel transgender is not much different than someone coming out and saying they are gay.

The boys talked about taking showers with the girls or walking to and from the showers, so the girls could be getting a male anatomy lesson. This made me wonder what are the requirements for someone to prove they are transgender. They might want to rethink the dressing room issue for high school students since they are not allowed to get the sex change operation until 18.

I did read recently that a high school Transgender in Ohio wanted to use the girls dressing room even though he was offered the dressing room in the teachers' lounge, but he felt discriminated against. Not sure of the outcome.

To take this a step further, in several years when the Transgender bathroom issue is settled, I can see where some men will use the women's room like at sporting events, concerts, bars or anywhere alcohol is served. It won't be to harm anyone, but maybe the Women's room is closer to their seat at the game, or they have to go really bad or it is cleaner. Maybe they just want to use the women's room because they are drunk.

If a woman asks why they are in there, all they have to do is say they are transgender, what can the women say. Are they going to have to wear a dress? I don't know if a police officer can do anything. Would he make the man drop his pants? Women will have more to lose because more men will take advantage of it situation than women. The only time women want to use the Men's room is when there is a long line for the women's room.

I think in the future this will blur the lines between the male and female sexes and could be the start of a Unisex movement. In fact, I am a little surprised by how many people must be transgender by how much attention the subject has received. Like boycotts of states and government actions. Look at North Carolina. It will be interesting to see.

Allen Thomas


© Copyright 2016 The Vu (ast951 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2106800-Transgender-Realities