*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2107694-A-Boy-Searching-for-Light
Rated: E · Short Story · Philosophy · #2107694
A short story that looks at a person's way of searching for what their meaning of life is

A Boy Searching for Light



Born into a world of darkness, a world void of all light no matter which way you look. How does one see his way? What one sees around him is the dimensions of what is already predestined to be, or is it a world where one's imagination creates to form his own light into an unknown world that is thought to have unlimited possibilities and dreams. That without this world of hoping to become something greater or meaningful that there will always be darkness looming over, with no need of hope is a world full of despair and therefore no need for light but the void of darkness. One can almost sense that without hope or thought one is dead. Not knowing what light is, just becoming surrounded in darkness. Void of what the meaning of being alive truly is, having been stripped of that justice. To avoid such a fate, he chooses to search for this ray of hope which many call light. Everyone ask what he searches for but all he is, A Boy Searching for Light.

This young boy came from his pedestal of his mighty empire of his hope the very burning ray of light. Though one day he fell away from his throne. It was the same as if falling to the earth from the moon. With nothing but darkness around him he becomes void of light, blind of his surroundings. Nothing of meaning or hope present around his life to pull him from darkness. He lost his seat from his lack of surrounding and letting his hope outweigh everything and everyone around him. He didn't hold on to what was important to him. After losing what was his true hope he fell from power. Then fell into a pool of darkness full of despair and that's where he created the sound of his own madness, where he created his book of pain. He hurt everyone he knew and left him hurt and left many scars. When he came to his senses it was all but too late to make it up to those he hurt. He didn't know how to get back or make up for what he lacked. All he knew was that he needed to improve.

From the ashes, raised a man of unknowing tales. Once the dust was blown away from this once great giant, you can see the scars and the emptiness of his mind as if he belonged to a war long forgotten by many. He stands as if all that's left is his urge to live. How long has his mind been in this state of thought? Curiosity, this foul source that brings knowledge that's true but best left unheard. I asked this war-torn man a question. What happened to get you in this state?

He said, "The world I pledged my ideals and hopes, the world where I built my empire, throne, and my followers, greater than your eyes could see beyond the horizon. Yet, with all that, I still was not strong enough to protect my world I created. It was all but, a day dream of this once foolish King."

Just as he appeared out of ash, He fell into a pile of ash. That is when I realized who I was talking to. It was a reflection of who I was in my darkest moments. They say when reality slaps you, go back to where you once were. I refuse to go back where I once was, otherwise I will repeat the same error. It's time to rise and become something better. Become the Ideals, Hope, My Identity!!!!

© Copyright 2017 A. N. Light (austinc121 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2107694-A-Boy-Searching-for-Light