*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2107995-Maysie
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2107995
Flash Fiction
Maysie

Maysie’s little doggie tummy rumbled. ‘I shouldn’t have eaten that stuff at the park,’ she thought as she tried to get comfortable.

May was not a picky eater, normally she could eat anything. But whatever that was this morning, she should have let it go. Then she remembered how she’d pulled on the leash so hard that she almost pulled Mum off her feet, causing Mum to drop all the stuff she had in her hands then that runner guy came over to help her pick it all up. That’s when Maysie had gobbled up the yummy mess. She’s had to hurry too because there was a fly eying it.

May decided she needed to go outside now. Wandering to the door she stood there looking at it. She’d found out early in life that if you look at the door long enough someone comes and opens it. Sometimes you have to “woof” but today Mum came by after just a minute.

“Do you want to go out, Sweety?” she asked, smiling as she opened the door to the yard. Mum often called her “Sweety,” May liked it.

Outside May went to the edge of the grass and ate some. It was the first cure for a queasy tummy. May learned that from her first Mum, at the kennel. After she’d eaten enough, she went to a sunny spot to finish her nap. The tummy ache should be gone by the time she woke up.

Later, when she did wake up, she immediately smelled something new. Getting up, she zoned in on the smell over near the garage. There she found a goopy pile of stuff that smelled weird. She had no idea what it was, but it really smelled yukky. Without another thought she gobbled it up.

© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2107995-Maysie