*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2108605-Dear-me
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Personal · #2108605
While I cannot enter the actual contest itself (which is all good) it inspired me
Dear me,

Well, dear girl, another year has gone and a new one has come. You made it through 2016 in one piece- good for you! I know it was a rough one. It was full of trials, tribulations and pain. You survived being shot at, you pushed yourself forward in a positive manner at work- when no one thought you could do it. But one of the things that made you strong to me, you let go. You recognized that you were going nowhere, and no one would ever see you for how far you have come. And you walked away from that dead-end job with your head held high- just as you should have!

But that is all behind us now! We are looking forward to a very bright future! You are starting a new, more promising job, you are making much healthier choices for your body, and finally, you have come back to your greatest passion of all- writing! This is we will laugh more, live more and love harder. We will love not only those around us, but we will love us! There will be struggle, but we will know we can do it! Because I have you, and you have me.

So for this year, we will finish at least one more of our stories for the collection. We will lose a bit more weight, and we will work on making that baby finally. Because, we will be an amazing mom. We deserve to love and hold a baby of our own. And we will remember that no matter what happens, we are worth the world. We are someone, and we will hold our head up high.

I love you, me. I really do. And even when we fall or are in the dark part of our life, we know that we will get back up. We will dust off, and we will carry on. We are not a victim; we are a survivor!

Love you forever and always,
Your Beautiful Self
© Copyright 2017 Sammie Ham (newjourney at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2108605-Dear-me