*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2109555-Sin
Rated: E · Poetry · Contest Entry · #2109555
A discourse on sexual sin for the Four Controversies Contest 1-21-2017
 Sin  (E)
A discourse on sexual sin for the Four Controversies Contest 1-21-2017
#2109555 by Chris Breva


714 Words

Recently I started a firestorm on WDC. I heard that Hollywood was making a movie portraying Jesus Christ and the 12 disciples as homosexuals. I nearly popped a cork at the very thought of such blasphemy. It turns out there is no movie or play portraying Jesus as a homosexual but the point still remains that after I posted a response to the rumor, stating that the Bible very clearly says that homosexuality is a sin, people attacked from every direction calling me everything from homophobic to a Nazi. Yes, one person literally compared me to the Nazi's of 1940 Germany!

People there are obviously some serious misunderstandings here. First of all I didn't say homosexuality is a sin. God said it was a sin. Yes I personally find it repugnant when I see two men walking down the street holding hands or kissing but I also always found it distasteful for a heterosexual couple to make out in public. Bedrooms were made for that reason. At any rate I want to make it clear that I am not the one accusing homosexuals of committing sin. God is accusing them.

Some have thrown it up to me that they don't care what my "book" says. They say that just because my "book" says homosexuality is a sin does not make it a sin. My answer to that would be to go speeding past a police officer 25 miles per hour over the speed limit, refuse to pull over when he chases you, and then when he does catch up to you tell him or her that you don't recognize or care what their "book" says, you'll speed if you want to. Then come and tell me how that works out for you! You may not believe in the governor. You may not believe in the authority of the governor. I guarantee you that disbelief doesn't mean you don't still have to pay taxes! Your disbelief doesn't mean those things don't still exist. What is government anyway. Is it a thing one can tangibly touch? No,it isn't? It's something that exists because people believe in it and give it power. In the minds of Christians God exists. So even if what scoffers say is true, which it isn't, and God is a myth, God is still real to us. The God we worship demands that we preach against anything He considers sin. Homosexuality is one of those things. He destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah over it and it was common in Rome, which prompted Paul to preach against it in Romans 1.

The homosexual community also got very upset because I compared the sin of homosexuality to the sin of murder. They make two mistakes here. One they don't know what God considers murder. Two, they try to humanize God. Now let's break these things down. 1 John 3: 15 tells us "Those who hate others are murderers, and you know that murderers do not have eternal life in them."

So first of all when I compare the sin of homosexuality to murder I wasn't comparing it to killing somebody as so many thought. Now we are going to find out however that in God's eyes all sin is the same. Contrary to popular belief even among mainstream orthodox Christian church groups, God does not see degrees of sin! One is either guilty or they are not guilty. People will point out that even Jesus referred to the "unforgivable" sin and use that to prove their belief that God sees degrees of sin. The unforgivable sin however is the sin of refusing to repent. It's unforgivable because God can't forgive any sin of which we refuse to repent. So there are no "degrees" of sin. You're either guilty or you're not guilty. Period. It doesn't matter what the sin is. Whether one steals a penny that doesn't belong to them or a bar of gold from a mint, in God's eyes they're a thief. Further more they're also guilty of breaking every commandment. James tells us "Whoever breaks one commandment is guilty of breaking them all," James 2: 10.

Homosexuality is a sin according to the Apostle Paul. James makes it clear that all sin is the same. Therefore homosexuality is equal to murder.

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2109555-Sin