*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2109600-Dear-Me
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Other · #2109600
Letter to myself.
Word count: 524 words

Dear Me,

I am late writing this. I have a lot to say, but not a lot of time to say it. Gosh, Kerri. You are such a procrastinator. You always come through anyways when you mean to. I promise you, I have a lot to say but will say it in an efficient manner to avoid fear. Your determination is your greatest strength, but it is also your greatest weakness.

I don't have much time, but I will say that you have seven major goals for this year. Of course, you will come up with more goals as time goes on. I have a lot to share with you, but don't fear. I could say more, but I will keep it short due to time. Time is your greatest enemy.

First, you will work on your novel, New Worlds. You have already made great progress on that novel, and I assure you that you will make greater progress as time goes on. Go easy on yourself, and remember that this is for your enjoyment. You need to get through your current draft, but I have no doubt that you will get through it. There's no telling on how much you will accomplish with the novel, but it's nowhere near ready to publish. Just do your best with it in 2017.

Then you have New Horizons. Right now you are taking The Grammar Garden class. You enjoy the class. You will experience much breakthrough in your class if you stick with it. After the Grammar Garden, you hope to make it to Punctuation Inc when you can. Finally, you will take the Comma Sense. But when will I take all of these things? In 2017? You tell me. Just work on one class at a time and it will come to you, no matter the order.

Then you have your goal of reading at least 15 books. Last year was pathetic, but you love reading. I guarantee you that you will make it through that goal. The Harry Potter books make up a lot on the list.

Then you have Game of Thrones on the list. The amount of hurdles you will take so you can review at will and still with enough quality to not embarrass yourself seems like a lot. But relax a little, review often and keep going. Game of Thrones is hard for a reason, and you can conquer it with your future team. Remember that you do the event primarily for fun.

You have NaNoWriMo of 2017 looming in what seems like a very distant future. You don't even know what you will write yet, but be real with yourself. It's only January and I assure you that you will be able to finish in time. Keep questioning, dreaming and contemplating. You will complete NaNo.

Last but not least, don't forget to stop by Give it 100 at least once this year. I promise that you will be able to make it through. Your stakes are crazy like they were last time, but your rewards are worth it. Do your best and you will succeed. This is the last goal I post because it's the one where you have the least amount of pressure right now. You have a whole year so don't sweat this one just yet.

I have given you a lot, and there's more I don't have time to mention, but just focus on these things. I can't be late in posting this letter to be remembered throughout the rest of the year. You are the queen of procrastination. That means your grammar won't be perfect. You are making a crazy gamble tonight, but be proud of yourself. Always celebrate your accomplishments, please. Don't be too hard on yourself, especially when you finish but it doesn't turn out the way you wanted it. Your achievements always matter, because your hard work always brings accomplishment in some way.

Sincerely,

Kerri J. Miller



© Copyright 2017 Anders J. Miller (andersmiller at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2109600-Dear-Me