*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2109790-The-Perfect-Day
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Personal · #2109790
One day in which nothing could go wrong and nothing did.
Sometimes, you just have a perfect day, and there is just nothing you can do about it.

Yesterday, as someone else was probably having a miserable day, I was having an absolutely perfect day.

First I got a call from a friend that I met at the National Congress of Black Women Luncheon at the Gaylord this summer. What a nice surprise. We arranged to meet for dinner. She was in Annapolis from Michigan. She also had a relative with her.

My long-time friend, Pat Fenn was home for the inaugural and the Women's March. She and I had plans for a 7:30 am breakfast, but decided to meet at 9:30 am for brunch which we did.

Later in the day, my son called to remind me that we were celebrating two of the grandsons' birthday, AND the graduation of another grandson around 5:30 pm.

So, my day took off. Thinking that this was a full day, I had to decide how to dress for everything. I also needed some spiritual time, and I got that in.

Pat and I had a four and a half hour (4.5) brunch catching up on everything and talking about the last forty-eight (48) hours. Great seeing her after three months.

Then off to the celebrations Got there and had to take my daughter Kandi Miles and Tatiyana Miles shopping for last minute things. Back to the celebration.

Decide that I did not want to drive to Annapolis alone so my daughter Niekiee went with me. Picked up my friend and her guest from the Hilton Gardens Inn and went in search of a restaurant.

Most of the restaurants we checked out were closed. So, we just kept riding and looking and finally stumbled upon O'Leary's Seafood Restaurant. It looked dark and closed, so I got out to check it out, but then a few people came out, and we all went in. Another couple was in there sitting by the window.

We ordered. The food came. Made a few adjustments. Blessed the food, and I ordered a red port -- fabulous. The food was great. The company superb, and the ambiance nothing less that perfect.

The laughter was contagious. Chris our waiter was everything a waiter should be including becoming our photographer. I think we arrived at O'Leary's around 7:30 pm because we had an hour and a half before their closing time.

We had so much fun, we forgot to watch the clock. We ate. We drink. We screamed. We made jokes. The time ran past. Somewhere during all of this, we heard a loud thump on the wall. That became a joke, and we kept on going. At some point in time, someone had the good sense to ask what time was it. It was after 10:00 pm.

Needless to say, the restaurant had been closed for an hour, everyone else had come in, eaten and left. We were the only ones still there. Rushing to get our coats on, pay our bills and get out, we asked, "what time do you all close?" They casually responded, "Oh we've been closed." Well, why didn't you tell us? They replied, "We figured you all would leave eventually." What a hoot.

So, instead of leaving, it was time to start up a conversation with them, and we did. They enjoyed the company. Turned out that one of them had lived in the area, and new all about Mount Rainier, Hyattsville, and the rest of the area.

We dropped Shirley and Marylin off and I took Niekiee home where we sat and talked for about another hour, and then I drove home. Lord, what a great evening we had.

It was the thought of yesterday that got me through this morning when I had to get the injection in my right eye. This time, the shot left me unable to see (very cloudy), so I came home and crawled back in bed. For awhile, I listened to the rain, the downed trees in some parts of Maryland, and drifted off to sleep.
© Copyright 2017 G. B. Williams (mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2109790-The-Perfect-Day