*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2109839-Theres-not-even-1-chance
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #2109839
Discover the story of Mia and Jacob.
The one where everyone is clueless
Jacob's pov: 
Seattle 5am.

It's 5am in the morning I hardly got any sleep last night like all the other nights. I hear my alarm clock I don't know why do I even keep alarm clocks when they are of no use for me.
I get up, freshen up and go to the gym for my morning routine. I start running on the treadmill.
*phone rings* argh my Grandfather not now, I choose not to pick up. My grandfather doesn't like me and I don't really have any sort of love as well towards him. We have our own sort of relationship which nobody understands.
Mr. David Miller is my grandfather the director of DM groups which is the number one in States with their huge business in luxurious hotel, malls and clubs. My grandfather asked me to handle the luxurious hotel business in Seattle. We are number one in malls and clubs business. Hotel is still new for us. I have been working day and night to take this business ahead but something or the other comes and it doesn't let me move ahead.
I take a shower get ready and go to the dining area of my apartment for my breakfast. My caretaker Ms. Julia is a 40 year old asian divorcee woman. She has been my caretaker from last 5 years and does all the necessary work to make this place look like a home.
I start reading today's newspaper and eat the delicious French toast and black tea. When suddenly my phone rings it's my lawyer and best friend Austin. Ahh what does he want this early morning? I choose to eat my breakfast in silence and not to pick up. After sometime it rings again. I keep my fork down and finally pick up 
"What Austin? Can I have my breakfast in silence please? The next thing he says makes me get up, speed up towards my car and leave for the office.

Mia's pov:
6:30am

*phone rings* shhh stop ringing. *phone rings* again,
I open my eyes check the time and its still 6:30am who wants to ruin my 30mins of sleep. I have to get up at 7am why does this stupid person has to call me now. I see my phone, oh god I called my mom stupid, sorry mom.

I sit up, take a deep breath and *yawn* I think I should sleep for another... *phone rings* oh god what if something.... I should pick up,
"Hello? Ma?"
"Meow, I have been calling you again and again why aren't you picking up?" I keep the phone away from my ears she's shouting so loudly.
"Miaaaaaaa..??" Shouts again.
Oh god "Ma have you checked the time? It's 6:30am in the morning can't you let your daughter sleep in peace?"
 
"Tomorrow is the weekend you're coming to meet me and your father." She doesn't usually miss me so much something is fishy.
 
Before I could ask she says again "Your father's friend and his son are coming for dinner tomorrow. Everyone in their family are doctors and I and your father would like you to meet him." There it is now I know why she misses me so much because she wants me to meet that doctor. It's my mother's dream to kill my single life and get me married as soon as possible.
"Mia? Are you listening? And no excuses you have to come. If you don't come I and your father wouldn't talk to you." We won't talk to you threat again. Ma do you really think that works?
 
My mom continues talking "also I am making your favourite lasagna." She knows how to tempt me she knows I love that.
"Argh, fine ma I Would be there by tomorrow. I have to finish some work tomorrow at school so I'll see you directly at dinner." My mother was about to oppose "Don't worry ma I promise I'll be there."
 
I hear her taking a deep breath "Fine Meow, I really hope things work out for you tomorrow." My mother says excitedly. "Me too ma me too. Anyways i have to get ready for school so I will talk to you later. Bye ma love you."
 
"Love you too meow and be on time tomorrow bye." Sure ma.

I check the time oh god no time to sleep I should get ready for school. I take a shower and get ready. When I go to the kitchen of my small apartment I check the time. Oh shoot its 7:25am if i miss the 7:30am bus I'll be late. I skip breakfast as usual lock my door and run down the steps towards the bus stop. Am I forgetting something? Oh god my bag i go running back up take my bag and come running. The bus is on time, Thankgod.
My school is like 30 minutes from my home in bus. I have a small car which I bought in second hand last year but parking issues and my laziness doesn't let me use the car. Carnations is a beautiful town near Seattle and I love teaching there.
I reach class on time. The kids have already arrived. 
They all say "Good morning Ms. Mia." In usion. "Louder kids." They all shout this time "Good morning."
 
"Now this is better. So did you all do your homework? Did you all write number tables until 6?"
"Yessssss." Says some children
not all.
"Why do I hear only some kids? Who hasn't done it? Come on be honest with me. Didn't we learn in last friday's class 'honesty is the best policy' so be honest." No one answers this time.

"Kattie, why are you looking down? Have you done the homework?" She looks up and answers sadly "No Ms. Mia I don't like math." All the kids repeat after her. I understand their pain because as a child I hated math too. But I can't tell them that, thats not what a teacher does. I knew yesterday itself that this would happen because of the faces they made when I asked them to do it.
But I have solution "Okay, kids silence. I know this is a little difficult but what if I make it easy for you?" Everyone looks at me in confusion. "But how Ms. Mia?" Asks Sam innocently. "Give me a minute kids. Till that time take out your books."
I go to my table and take out my cellphone and my speaker. I look around and sometimes wish this school had more financial support. I wish I could teach kids on a television and could give them more comfortable chairs to sit. Well things are not in my hand. I go back to the kids.
"Okay kids we'll do a fun activity. Learning tables on your own is boring right? Okay before that who loves listening to music?." Everyone raises their hand. "Well great. So I am going to put a really fun song and you all are supposed to sing along with me and try to remember the song. Okay?" The kids reply in usion. They finally found math easy because of the song and almost everyone could remember the tables properly. I am glad I can find a lot of useful things on YouTube.
I check the time "okay kids it's sports period lets go change and play football." They excitedly go to change all my kids love sports and I love playing with them. I change too and take them out to play to our small groud. When I see another teacher Mrs. Erikson taking her kids inside. She greets me and smiles, I do the same. I and my kids play football for an hour. After the story telling session it's finally time for the kids to go home.
I wish the school had its own bus. The kids have to wait back for their parents for a long time because of parent's work. I go to drop some of them. "Bye kids have a nice weekend."
The kids shout "You too Ms. Mia."

Ah I love my kids and I love my job. They are my stress buster they make me forget everything and make me a kid again. I have 20 kids in my class all sharp and bright. This is my second year of teaching in this school and I love it here.
My parents always wanted to live in a big city. I grew up in Seattle. My father works in a bank and after my birth my mother became a housewife. When I used to visit this town as a child to see my grandparents I fell in love with it and decided to work here instead of some big school in Seattle. It's not like I don't like Seattle but I find it more peaceful here. But I have to live there anyway because of my parents.
When the kids are finally gone I decide to leave too. There are no buses for next 15 minutes. I walk around the town for sometime pass by the graveyard and remember my grandparents who died one after the other due to illness four years back. It was a tough time for me because I was very close to them. I decide to go visit the graveyard.
I remember all the times with my grandparents. I am about to leave when I hear someone's voice, when I look behind....

Jacob's pov:
"What do you mean we couldn't get the property? The owner was more than happy to sell it in such a good price." I ask Austin angrily.
"Jacob the owner changed this mind." He says in weird tone. He knows the real reason.
"My grandfather didn't like the property. Does he have his hand in this by any chance?" Austin doesn't answer. I throw my cellphone angrily on the wall.
 
Austin looks up "Jacob calm down."
 
I don't look at him "Get out and tell everyone not to disturb me." I shout loudly. He leaves after a minute.

Why is this happening? Why can't I achieve things I want? This property could have done wonders. I had investors ready, everything was on the right track then why did my grandfather took this opportunity away from me? Why?
*office phone rings* come on Jacob get up you can't give up like this. Try how much ever you want to Grandfather, I won't give up. 
*office phone rings*
 
"Hello?"
"Sir, we have to leave for a meeting with Koreans in 15 minutes." Its my oldest employee Mr. Ben.
"Okay, I'll be out in sometime."

I drink some water and finally go out of my cabin. All my employees looks scared of me as usual. "Let's go Ben and..... Alice." Alice looks terrified when I call out her name. I don't have time to deal with these childish things. I start walking towards the exit and they follow me.
3 hours later.....
Meeting with Koreans wasn't bad but couldn't really figure out if they are really going to do a joint project with us or no. We reach back at hotel by lunch time.
 
"Ben, Alice I need all the work to be finished and then we will discuss about it by 6 got it? So start working." I give them their work.

I go back to my cabin to finish my work. At 5 someone knocks on door. "Come in" It's Mr.Ben with a sandwich in his hand. "Sir eat something you'll get weak without eating." He keeps a sandwich and leaves without even waiting for my reply. Mr.Ben has been working for DM group from last 15 years. He is a very trusted employee of my grandfather but decided to help me for the hotel business. I have been very hard on him and my 5 other employees because all the things going wrong with our deals.
I decide to stay back at office to finish the presentation to be presented to the korean investors. I want to get that deal anyhow. When I finally finish work it's 5am in the morning. I decide to skip sleeping and directly go to the gym and continue my morning routine. 

Mia's pov:
The children doesn't have school in the weekend but had to finish some work. By afternoon I go back to Seattle and head to the shopping mall to get a good dress and also to ignore my mother's glare for the dinner. I go back to my apartment get ready in my white dress. I am about to leave my apartment when my mother suddenly calls, "Mia, your father and his friend both have work today so they can't make it."
 
"Dad working that too on a Saturday night? Since when?" This is weird dad never works on Saturdays.
"Meow, you have to go meet that guy alone." Oh god this was my mother's plan. Why does she do this.
"Ma, no i am not gonna go and meet that guy all alone."
"Mia you're 25 and at this age you have started worrying me. You don't go on dates on your own, you are always home, you hardly have any friends why are you so anti-social?."
 
"Ma, this is how I am why don't you give me my space."
"I gave you enough space Mia. His name is Marshall and he is waiting at the restaurant. I am sending you the address and if you don't go there you don't know the consequences and you won't have to deal with me but your father." With that she hangs up.

She's forcing me to do something. I decide not to go but remember my mother's threat. In a way she's right what's the harm in trying? What if he's a good guy? He's a doctor and my parents seem to like him. I think I should give it a chance. I open my messages and see the address.
After some thinking I finally go downstairs to my car and leave for the restaurant. The Seattle evening traffic made me reach late. I finally park the car and go enter the hotel. Its the 5 star hotel "la grace" which is one of the luxurious hotel in town. I look for the restaurant but cannot find the direction. I am already so late he'll be waiting for so long.
I decide to go to the reception the other way and ask for the restaurant when i suddenly collide with someone. I am about to fall but someone catches me on time. When I open my eyes I am looking into a pair of blue eyes. He leaves me I take a sign of relief. When I look again I see a very handsome guy in suit staring at me with a concerned look.
"Are you okay?" He asks me. I nod. I take a good look at him he seems like a staff person of this hotel. Before I could ask him he says "the washroom is straight and then right. The restaurant is on the 3rd floor." He points out his finger in the left direction, "the lift is right there." I suddenly remember someone is waiting for me. I look at the handsome guy with blue eyes again say thankyou to him and go towards the lift.

Jacob's pov:
The brunette girl I was holding a minute back finally rushes towards the lift. She was looking for the restaurant than. She looked beautiful with straight her and simple makeup dressed up like she is here for a date. May be who knows! Why am I thinking about a stranger. I should head home.

I think I should keep a staff here for directions as well. Oh shoot, It's Saturday mom wanted to see me. I think I should go and meet her today. Its been 2 weeks since we saw each other. I think I should call her before going.
I get into my car and dial her number before leaving. *ringing*
"Hello? Jay?"
 
"Hey mom, you left a message saying you wanted to see me? Should I come now and meet you?"
 
She pauses for a sec "Jay can you come to your grandfather's. I am having dinner with him today." I am about to say no but she doesn't let me talk "Jay your aunt, uncle and your cousin is also coming. Your grandfather wants to talk something important. Please come." That old guy what does he want?
"Fine mom, I am coming." I hang up start my BMW and drive to grandfather's home.

Mia's pov:
Alright I think I should thank my mom, the date is actually going pretty well. He looks great in a suit he isn't handsome but I never really care how people look what matters is the way they treat you.He didn't even say anything when I came late, he pulled the chair for me and we sat. Our conversations are going really well, we have so much in common. The restaurant seems really expensive but the ambience and food compensates everything for the high price. I feel happy this way after such a long time after him..... Marshall gets me out of my thoughts and offers me wine.

We finally finish dinner and go to the parking lot. When we finally reach to my car he hesitates at first but kisses me on the cheek and greets me goodbye "I hope to see you again soon Mia." I nod "Goodnight Marshall." With a blushing smile I finally set off for my home.
Jacob's pov:
I reach to his huge mansion, give my car to the security and go towards the door. I am about to ring the doorbell when I suddenly remember my grandmother. As a child I would come here all the time, I spent more time here than my home. Oh wait I didn't have any home, my grandmother was my home. I wish she opens the door right now only if she was alive.

I am about to ring the doorbell when my mother opens the door and greets me with a kiss on cheek. "Welcome dear. I was waiting for you when I saw you standing outside in the security camera I came to open the door." I greet her back and get inside the huge mansion. 
Its a beautiful mansion and my grandmother made this huge mansion a home. My grandparents have three children and they made sure to keep a room for all of us in this mansion. She even got a huge dining table even if we didn't visit her much except for the holidays. Without her this doesn't feel like home anymore.

When I look around I see my aunt unlce and cousin. I prefer to just say hello to them. I don't see my grandfather anywhere so I go to the kitchen to grab a beer. Why did I even come here, I hate this. I reach to the kitchen and see the exchange student I saw 6 months back who is working as a maid here. She gives me a seductive look and asks me "what do you need? Sir?" In a seductive voice. I ignore her grab the beer and go outside.
Why did I opt to come here. My aunt is constantly boosting about her son and how he should be the next director of DM groups. His son as in my younger cousin Nate who has been given DM mall's responsibility. Their shares have been doing really well, I wouldn't say this out loud but I am happy for him. 
My grandfather is doing nothing but eating his food in silence. Important work yeah sure! Did he forget why he called us here? Is he waiting for Christmas to announce something important. I hate family dinners!

My grandfather finishes his food, drinks some wine and says "the documents would reach you by tomorrow morning. Goodnight!" With that he leaves, is he serious? Did he just do that? Waste of my time. Without saying another word I leave as well for my apartment and my mother doesn't stop me because she knows how exhausted I am. I am never coming back for family dinners!
I reach home and feel so tired that I directly go to bed.
I open my eyes.... I look around I am on the same road again. I look down and see a lot of blood there. I follow the blood line and go ahead on the road. I hear someone's loud crying.
"HELP!" Someone is screaming I start running and reach nearer to the voice. The blood line is never ending and the voice gets louder but I still don't reach there. I stop and look around again for any other directions.
"PLEASE HELP! PLEASE." The voice is now screaming loudly and loudly. I feel like my head will burst any minute because of the screaming. The scream silences and after a minute someone taps on my shoulder.

I wake up with a thud from my dream. Same road similar dream. Why can't I sleep peacefully for once? I go out to get a cup of water and decide to skip sleeping and continue my work for my NewYork meet.
When I finally finish working it's 7am in the morning. I decide to go and take a bath when *phone rings* Austin sure does miss me a lot. It's Sunday. 
"You sure do miss me a lot. Calling me on a Sunday morning. What's so special?"
"Jacob I have something really important to talk about can I come home? I was just checking if you're sleeping or awake!" Important work wow my best friend is finally so dedicated towards work.
 
"Sure come home. Get me some breakfast please." I hear him sigh. "Fine I'll be there in sometime." He hangs up.

I finally go and take my bath real fast before Austin comes. Important work? What could that be? 
Finally 45 minutes later the door bell rings. I open the door and see Austin in his gym clothes with pizza box in his hand.
"Are you serious? Pizza for breakfast? What the fuck Austin! I needed some really good breakfast." It's not like I don't like pizza but for breakfast?
Austin gives me a death stare. "First I am not your waiter, I am your best friend and your company lawyer. Second let me come in." He gives me the pizza box and barges inside my apartment.
 
I go to the kitchen and check my fridge. I forgot I don't keep anything except of alcohol and water, I usually eat at the hotel. I look at the pizza box, which seems like the best option right now because I am hungry. I heat the pizza and go to the living room with some water.

Austin is getting some files out from his bag. I hand him the pizza and sit down besides him on the couch. I eat my pizza slice in silence and see him sorting out some papers.
After sometime he finally looks at me takes a deep breath and starts talking "Remember Jay when we were in college we had those difficult partner assignments?" Oh god he is starting his philosophy lecture. I feel sleepy already. He continues "We would adjust with the other partner right?" I look down and nod my head. 
"Similarly in life too we need to adjust." Where is he going with this?

He takes a huge bite of his pizza takes a deep breath and says "You know your grandfather won't let you go ahead in this business. He wants things on his terms so I am here to give you an advice today. Your grandfather sent me the copy of the will." I am about to protest when he stops me "hear me out Jay."
I finish my remaining pizza and hear him out "The will doesn't exactly want you or your cousin taking over the entire business but he wants you to keep certain amount of money." Alright that doesn't sound really bad I can do that. "But" Austin pauses with a but oh I forgot its my grandfather's deal it wouldn't be that easy. "His condition is you marry the girl of his choice." I stand up furiously "Is he out of his fucking mind? Marriage? What does he want with such a sick plan?"
Austin gives me water I give him a death stare. "Jacob will you let me finish? The will says if you marry that girl he will give you the perfect amount of money to get this business ahead and as the director of DM groups he wouldn't interfere in your business ever again. You can finally get things your way." Is this guy out of his fucking mind? Marriage to a stranger for my grandfather's will NO WAY.
"NO AUSTIN, I can't let him win by accepting his conditions. Marrying a stranger? Seriously?" 
Austin keeps a hand on my shoulder "listen Jacob he's your family this would help you in a way. You connot work pointlessly and also let your employees suffer. We didn't have a proper deal since such a long time. This marriage is a win win situation for both you and your grandfather."
 
I look at him furiously "Austin marriage, spending your life with someone you don't even know? What type of a condition is this? Let's go meet him now! This is the stupidest thing he has ever done and I can't believe you're agreeing to this. Let's go see him now."

I don't wait for Austin's reply and directly go to my car after a minute Austin comes out and sits in the car. He mumbles inside his breath "this family is mental." I ignore his comment and drive straight to my grandfather's.
After 30 minutes we finally reach there. The security greets me good morning and says "we were expecting you." I ignore him and get inside the mansion. I find the care taker, before I ask him he says "he's in the garden."
When I reach to the garden I see him giving water to the plants. Wow he's destroying my life and taking my peace and he himself wants to live in peace. Not so soon old man.
I furiously go towards him Austin following my footsteps. Before I could say something "I was expecting you Jacob. Good morning Austin, I am sorry but please leave us alone for a moment and go inside the house." He says all this without even looking at us. Austin hits lightly on my shoulder and leaves.
"What is the matter with you, grandfather? What kind of a condition is this?" My grandfather finally turns around,keeps the water jug down calmly and go to the..... house? Oh god what is his problem. After sometime he comes back "apologies I had to pee really badly." I am so furious that I refuse to even look at him.
"Jacob, you don't like my interference, I saw the last 6 month's records and nothing is going your way." I furiously look at him "It's because of you, you have been cancelling all my deals. Your ego is so huge, you don't want to see me successful on my own so you're stopping me in such ways. I never expected so low from you, and on top of all this marriage? What are you even thinking?" I vent out everything I have in my mind.
When I finally look at my grandfather he is smiling at me. "You remind me of my younger self Jacob." I roll my eyes. "Jacob, I am helping you to achieve everything faster. I don't even want to lecture you more your friend sitting there didn't tell you one important thing. If you do not accept my will I will take the hotel back. And you know my contacts you won't be able to start something on your own your entire life." I stare at him blankly. I have nothing to say or argue about I know he is capable of doing it. Atleast I will have my hotel and money to go ahead. Once my hotel business reaches where it should be I will pay him back not only in money sense but in every sense.
"Alright but you have to change one condition. Instead of marriage I will date that girl or should I say your mistress." He looks at me and smirks and doesn't even correct me. Is that girl really his mistress what is the mystery behind her? He finally replies "Fine this condition will go your way but not entirely you will get the money to take this business ahead after 6 months of dating her and not now my grandson." This man really is my grandfather but I can't just marry that mistress of his. Dating I can survive but no marriage. "Alright. Deal." We sign some papers and make a deal.
I finally go to mansion and see Austin sleeping on the couch. Poor guy I never tell him but I am really glad I have his support. I wake him up and take him to my car and finally drop him home.
By evening Austin sends me all the details of that girl. He couldn't find her photographs, I read her bio she seems to be such a boring person how did she end up making her way in my grandfather's heart? She definitely needs money that could be the only reason. She's a teacher at a school in carnation but lives in Seattle, weird? Dating her for 6 months is going to be so boring. There is nothing special about her. Why does my grandfather want me to date her?
Next morning I am busy working when suddenly Austin barges inside my cabin. I stare at him "Nobody taught you how to knock?" He ignores me. Sits opposite me and gets some files out of his back.
"So your 6 months contract starts after a week. Your grandfather is giving you a week to convince that girl to date you." What? since when do I convince girls to date me? Its usually the other way around. 
Austin reads my mind "I know your ego hurts and you're thinking 'I Jacob Miller has to convince a girl?' Yes you have to and you'll find out why when you meet her." What does he mean? Only a lesbian can turn me down.

Austin reads some details and suddenly stands up from his chair "Get up Jay we gotta leave right now, her school will be ending in 20 Minutes we need to catch her up." I give him 'as if I care look' he drags me out of my chair out of the office and takes me towards my car. He puts the address in my car maps and we start driving towards the small town where she works she only works there how weird is that?
After half n hour of driving we finally reach there. I look around a bit and realize this used to be my grandmother's get away place if we would get too bored in Seattle. I remember her telling me "Jacob one day when your grandfather finally has time for me we will move to this peaceful town instead of a big city." After her funeral I never came here.
"The map here says take a right not straight." Austin gets me out of my thoughts. I decide to forget all that and concentrate on the work we are here for today. We finally reach at the small school.
We get out of the car and see kids as well as teachers going."Everyone seems to be going home we should leave as well." I am about to go back but Austin forcefully take me inside.
We get inside the small school, there is a reception area but no receptionist, there are no care takers how irresponsible is this school? But the school looks pretty creative, there are beautiful hand made paintings, hand made dream catchers, pictures of positive quotes everywhere. This doesn't look like a preschool.
"Jacob let's go." I am about to leave for parking lot when he takes me to the left section of the school, I groan loudly but go with him anyways. There is only one floor in this school, in the right section there is a small cafeteria and in the left section I believe there are classrooms and staff rooms. How small is this school?
We finally reach near staff room, I see the door a little open and a girl whose back is turned at us who is dancing in her sports clothes cleaning the room with a vacuum cleaner. Austin knocks on the door but she doesn't hear the knock because of the noise. Austin knocks on the door very loudly for the second time. She finally turns around, she seems familiar I feel like I have seen her..... oh the one who was looking for restaurant at my hotel. Even without makeup she looks good. She turns the vacuum cleaner off embarrassed and finally look at us with a confused expression.
Mia's pov:
Monday, kids hate Mondays and so do I. I didn't sleep much because my entire sunday including the night went in thinking about my date.

It's finally afternoon and the kids finally go home. I see the staff room empty and I think nobody has cleaned the room. I will never accept this but I think I do have OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) I want everything clean. I get the vaccum cleaner out from the jenitor's closet and start cleaning. There is nobody around so I start dancing and singing my favourite song when I suddenly hear a loud knock. I finally turn around and see 2 men in suits looking at me with a funny expression. They must be laughing inside. I turn the vacuum cleaner off. I am so embarrassed.
I finally give them a questioning look. Befor I could ask one of them finally speaks "Hi, we are looking for Ms. Mia Anderson. Do you know her?" They are looking for me?
"I am Mia Anderson. You are?" I am so confused, why are two men in suit looking for me? They share a weird look between them.
"Hi Mia, I am Austin and this is Jacob Miller. I think we should sit and talk because the conversation we want to have with you cannot be done like this." Oh my god, this is so scary. I ask them to sit and get some water for them and myself.

I finally sit opposite to them. I am about to ask them about their purpose when Jacob talks this time, " Alright we know about your little secret. We know about your affair with Mr. David Miller. So instead of doing this innocent drama, let's get straight to the point."
I look at them blankly and after a while I can't keep my laughter inside. So I start laughing very loudly, they both stare at me as if they are looking at a maniac. 
I finally lessen my laughter "okay what show is this? Whose shooting us? This is some prank right? How did you even get my address? This is such a great prank." They still stare at me blankly without any reaction.

They look at each other and Austin talks again "Ms. Anderson nobody is shooting us and Jacob here put this in a very wrong way. I will explain you everything."
"But Austin?" Jacob groans.
 
"Jacob let me handle this." They both share a look and Jacob finally sits quietly.
"So Ms. Mia Anderson you must have heard about DM groups his director Mr. David Miller seems to like you a lot. He made his will and in that he mentioned a condition. My friend and his grandson Jacob here has to date you for six months." I stare at him with my mouth open.

First who is DM groups, second why does the director like me so much that he included me in his will? Third dating this guy who was being an asshole to me a minute back are they out of their minds?
"Are you out of your minds? You are actually even here asking me all this? Is this some kind of joke?" I say angrily.
Jacob shouts this time, "Shutup you whore, you have done all this you got into my grandfather's pants did all this and you're asking us if this is a fucking joke? My grandfather has made my life a living hell and its all your fucking fault."
My blood boils "I don't even know DM groups or their hierarchy forget about knowing your grandfather you asshole."
 
I look at Austin this time who gets scared looking at both of us. "Mr. Austin you seem sensible one here so I'll tell you, I have no clue about any of these and also about the dating clause I cannot even stand such jerks forget about dating." I storm out of the cabin. After a minute I hear their footsteps behind me.

"Ms. Anderson listen to me once." Austin stops me from leaving. I refuse to look at him and the asshole behind.
"Look Mia I know all this is weird for you but just think about it." He comes closer and whispers "He just shows he is tough but he is a good guy give him a chance." Does he really think I'll give that asshole a chance?
 
I smile at him, "NO!" And I go towards the classroom to take my bag and leave for home.

Jacob's pov:
A girl refused me? How could she refuse me? And why is Austin giving me a look as if I am responsible for all this?
 
"You couldn't kept quiet? I was talking right? What was the need to abuse her? Get this thing clear she really doesn't know your grandfather she seems innocent." Is he really believing her? How can he? I see her leaving from school with her bag.
 
"Jacob, you need her. You need the money to make your dreams come true and she can get you that." I don't need the money I can do well on my own. I can't stand that whore who slept with my grandfather.

Austin's face changes from angry to calm and he smiles at me. What evil plan does this guy have? "Let's go have some drinks Jacob."
I look at him weirdly "It's 2 in the afternoon what is the matter with you?"

We finally leave from school. "We are not going anywhere Austin. I have work at office for my deal." He doesn't say anything. This stupid deal wasted my time. We finally reach office, I rush to my cabin and start working.
*office phone rings*
"Jacob Miller."
"Sir, Ben here." Oh he went to meet the assistants for the deal I am working on.
"Yes Ben when is the meeting scheduled?"
He doesn't say anything. "Ben can you hear me?"
"Yes sir actually they doesn't want to meet us. They said they have got a better deal so they wouldn't want to work with us for now. May be in the future." I hang up the phone, close my leptop and sit there blankly.

*knock knock*
Austin barges inside my cabin. He hands me a paper. "It has Mia's phone number. Do as your grandfather wants you to or else you'll lose everything you have. You now know what he is capable of doing." I don't say anything.

Austin gives me water. "If you agree on dating her it's only for your good. 6 months later your grandfather will stop interfering, he will give you the money you want to get this business going. All you have to do is be good to her nothing else." I still don't say anything. He breathes heavily gives me one last look and leaves.
I send my employees early as there is no work left. I look at Mia's phone number, I think re think again and finally decide to call her.
Mia's pov:
I think about the whole meeting I had with those two men is suit. I am walking towards my apartment constantly checking everywhere if someone's following me with a camera. That was definitely some kind of a sick prank. A grandfather puts my name in his will and asks his grandson to date me for 6 months for money? Is this some kind of a movie? I don't even know who these Millers are or may be there are no Millers it was some kind of a prank which didn't work on me.
 
I finally reach near my apartment, check mail from my mailbox and reach home.

*phone rings*
Kevin? Why is he calling me? Isn't he busy with his show in LA?
 
"Hey Kevin, it's been so long since we talked. How have you been?"
 
"Meowww I don't know what to do signing a contract with this advertising agency was my biggest mistake. This wasn't my dream as an actor. I didn't want to work in a daily soap. Movies or may be a sensible show can still work but I can't work in this daily soap anymore. The agency isn't even letting me handle anything and I don't even have money to fight the contract. If I use money for the case I might lose everything I have." Kevin tells me all his problems. How his coactors are really bad. From past one year he isn't happy at all with everything. He finally hangs up because he had to go shoot for a scene. He was so upset.

I sit on my bed and try thinking for a solution to this. There is nothing I could do. Kevin is my best friend's brother and someone I had a crush on since childhood. I was madly in love with him but as I grew up and understood reality I felt nothing for him. But he has been really close to me as a friend.
I see my phone ringing. Its from an unknown number.
"Hello?"
 
"Mia, it's Jacob Miller can we meet?" He pauses for a moment and I hear something I never expected he would say. "Please?"
I think and an idea struck in my mind. If all this is true if there really are Millers it could work in my favor too.
"Fine I will meet you Mr. Miller."
 

End of chapter one


© Copyright 2017 Sunshine (pheobe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2109839-Theres-not-even-1-chance