*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2109843-Purple-Flame
by Jane
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2109843
Purple flame is about two high school kids, Selena and Ben, who go on magical journeys.
Selena Corse bit down on her nails while she watched Ben James close his lock purple dust escaping. She knew something was up with him the moment he got on the bus. Selena and Ben had grown up together and were very close friends. It was Ben's birthday but he didn't seem to be enjoying it very much. Ben slid over to Selena who watched the clock tick its minute hand so close to the six.
"Now what did I do to deserve the silent treatment? I don't think it's very fitting since it is my birthday." Ben joked and nudge Selena gently. Selena nudged him back and began walking out the doors to the school ready to walk home. Ben stayed behind her keeping his head low.
"Whats up with you? You have been avoiding everything all day." Selena asked slowing her pace to match his. Ben looked at her and almost shrugged his shoulders before stopping.
"Promise you won't say a word to anyone?" Ben asked. Selena nodded. "Well you know how I turned sixteen today? Well my parents told me that there is a magical gift in the family. And today I got my magic." Ben said holding out his hand. Purple fire shown brightly in his palm. At the sight of the magic Selena stopped breathing completely. Her mouth grew dry and she nearly tumbled over. Ben put his hand down and grabbed her shoulders steadying her. She wobbled slightly under his grip but grew steadied. Her breathing slowly came back and her mouth slowly became moist and normal, the feeling of sandpaper gone. "Are you OK? What happened." Ben asked stepping in front of Selena in case she fell.
"I don't know but I have a feeling its because of the magic." Selena frowned. Ben stepped back and hid his hands behind his back. "Oh it's not you. My family doesn't really have a good history with magic." Selena sighed. Ben kept his hands behind his back not wanting to take the risk of that happening again. Selena frowned again and turned away from the sun. It was almost sunset and they needed to get home. "We should run home. And I mean now." Selena warned pointing at the sun. Ben risked a glance at the sky and saw the purple and orange cloak the sky would soon put on. Selena grabbed his arm and ran as fast as she could. Ben stumbled a bit before regaining his full balance and running to. They reached their homes, across the street from on another, and walked in side just in time.
"Ben welcome home dear. Dinner is ready come join us." His mother croaked from inside the dinning room. Ben walked in and stopped. Big slimy creatures were in his chairs. "Where is Selena! You said she would be here too!" The creature that looked like his man hissed to the other.
"What do you want with Selena!" Ben asked with a slight raise to his voice.
"Not with her deary. With you!" The creature yelled then disappeared Ben with them.
© Copyright 2017 Jane (mooncrater9 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2109843-Purple-Flame