*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2110058-Music-I-Love
Rated: 13+ · Assignment · Other · #2110058
A list of my favorite music. To the best of my abilities.
Music is a lifeblood of mine alongside creativity and nature.

I looked at the link GabriellaR45 gave us on elements of music, and a lot if it is things I learned from playing piano. Though I am really on and off currently, I have been able to play since I was 10 years old. Due to moving, and a various assortment of other things I haven't had consistent practice in forever. I still have an undying love for music. If I wasn't a writer or a digital artist, I would probably be looking into a music career still.

Without further ado, I will go into some of my favorite music. When I go through my favorite music, I typically go more by "bands" then I do songs. So I will list my favorite bands. . .and my favorite songs from each band. See, while I love lyrics, but I also like the melodies and whatnot as well. My favorite styles are Alternative to some extent of hard rock.

Which brings out my quote: If it were easy everyone would listen to it. It's hard for a reason.

However, I often listen to praise music as well. See, I have three reasons on why I listen to music. Most often, it is to help me write. Then, there's the uplifting stuff that helps me when I need it. Then there's the third reason which is for pure entertainment. I am not saying that these three tastes never intersect, because there is overlap. Moods change, music tastes change and so on.

I will go through my writing tastes first.

I am a fantasy writer, both epic and animal fantasy. I used to listen to radio stations like "Air 1" to help me out, but nowadays I feel it's more important to have something where I am in the mood. So I turn to Howard Shore's The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings soundtracks when I write.

This is one of my favorite songs to write to:



This has nothing to do with writing, but I purchased this song back in June 2016. It was right before a big road trip through Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Glacier and Badlands. I put it on my iPod shuffle and listened to it repeatedly. Enough that I still remember the trip I took.

There are so many more, but that would be a lot of posting to say the least. I have lot's of music to get to.

I pretty much listen to three albums. I mean, my playlist is already 5 hours long.

Now onto my inspirational music. Inspirational music does two things to me. It motivates me to reach my goals and it helps me when I need encouragement through dark times. This is one thing where it's more of a song's base and not a bands base.

NOTICE: If you are offended by Christian music, I would NOT listen to these songs. Fair warning. *Angelic*

I will first mention "Oceans" by Hillsong United. The bridge of the song is my favorite part: Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders, let me walk upon the waters wherever you would call me. It speaks to me as a college student, and it speaks to my dream of eventually publishing. Because publishing is a scary thought, although it is a great desire of mine.



I also like "Not For A Moment" by Meredith Andrews.



My favorite band is VERIDIA.

Their band mates go like this: Deena Jakoub (vocals), Brandon Brown (guitar), Trevor Hinesley (guitar), and Kyle Levy (drums).

My favorite song from them:



I love alternative music. This song is my favorite from them because it's very encouraging. I like both the style and the lyrics. Also, I heard this song in a concert a few years back. I am the type of person who can remember exactly where I heard the music if I focused enough. My music memory is long like that.

My next favorite is drumroll. . .

Skillet! I honestly go between Skillet and VERIDIA when I choose my favorite bands. In the band world, they are called Skillet. I started off listening to Alternative music, but the genre has died out so I have moved up to heavier music. No, I don't like all of it, but a lot of it

Their band mates go as followed: John Cooper, Korey Cooper, Jen Ledger and Seth Morrison.

Oh where to begin. Skillet has many great songs I could choose from. *Delight* Some of them I won't list here because being a rock band and all, they can be a little weird.



This song is one of the better ones. One thing I like about skillet is that their style seems to stay fairly consistent, which you don't often see in rock bands today. I have faith in Skillet.

The last band on this entire list is We As Human. I will post their song, Strike Back. P.S: John Cooper is in the music video. *Smile*



Their song is the heaviest on the list and represents the harder edge of my music tastes. This song actually reminds me of the relationship between two characters. Does that say something bad? Not entirely from the author's standpoint.

Alright! I'd better quit now. I would encourage you to listen to more, but if it's not your thing, don't feel pressured.

This leaves me with a final tip: If you see a hard rock band in concert, always research their music or it's a separate language almost.
© Copyright 2017 Anders J. Miller (andersmiller at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2110058-Music-I-Love