*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2110436-Lost
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #2110436
Lost without my best friend!
She sat there beside the hospital bed, watching her mother sleep. It has been a long 6 weeks, but she won't leave her mother's side until she is released from the hospital and ready to go home. Aleeya just knew that it would be soon.

The family was expecting the doctor to come in the next morning, so Aleeya decided to try to get some sleep. She pulled out the chaise that was provided by the staff, and lay there thinking of all the things she wanted to do with her mom when they finally got home. She finally dozed off only to dream the worst possible outcome of all of this. Waking up sweating, she reached over to touch her mom, to find that she was not in the bed! She was in the bathroom, getting sick. It wasn't like anything she had ever seen, blood everywhere! She ran out of the room and called for the nurse. They rushed in and started giving her medicine through the i.v. Finally, Mom settled down and fell asleep.

The morning couldn't have come fast enough. But, at last, the doctor came in. Mom was sitting up in the bed, waiting impatiently for the doctor's report. At that moment, it all came crashing down. The doctor looked at Aleeya, then at her mother, and said, " We are going to have to perform a liver transplant and an open heart surgery. And this has to be done at the same time, or else you won't make it." Aleeya stood up, went to her mother's side and began to cry. She knew that this could not be possible, as it takes forever to get a liver, even if you have been on the list. Her mother was not.

Everything else was just a blur to Aleeya. The next thing she knew, her mother was being moved to Hospice, and a week later, her mother passed away! She has been lost ever since. Just living one day at a time, and trying to move on. She has lost her best friend, and will never have her back.
© Copyright 2017 SilverRaven (tcrotts32 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2110436-Lost