*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2110630-The-Magic-Book
by Cloud
Rated: E · Short Story · Writing · #2110630
Alliana finds a book on her shelf and it grants her powers.
"Goodnight," My mother whispered as the darkness flickered around my small room. I bounced up from bed and lit my candle; I grabbed a book from my shelf, I had never read it before. I suddenly couldn't see myself and the book went right through me. Mother heard and came rushing into my room. I was in bed 'sleeping'. She left and I got up and went invisible. I went through the house and walked on the soft sand. I saw a figure in the darkness, his torn cap sat upon his head.
"Excuse me, are you lost?" they asked me, they sat the light between us and I saw it was a woman, "Do you need help finding home kiddo?"
"No, I'm fine. I just came out here to relax," I lied; I wanted to swim. Swim to the light and the rainbows I new would never appear before my eyes.
"You have a special power I see," She said, "invisibility?"
"Yeah," I nodded, "my name's Alliana."
"The name's Sasha, come with me," we trotted through the soft sand and as the water lapped at my ankles I sat down with Sasha. I turned to look at her and I saw her body laying on the sand, lifeless...
I woke up in my room in my soft bed. I collapsed and tried to reach the dream I had. I had to find out more.
© Copyright 2017 Cloud (xxcloudcowsxx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2110630-The-Magic-Book