*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2110766-Serenity
Rated: E · Draft · Nature · #2110766
This is where I go to find myself
At last....Friday! My time kicks in at 5:00 for the weekend! The first thing I do when I get to my little castle, which is what I call my apartment, is greet my dog, Zeus. Then I go straight through to my bedroom and finish packing up the bag I had started this morning. A few more items and I will be ready to go. Zeus looks at me with those sad eyes and wonders if he is going too. When I go to the kitchen to get his food and water bowls, he gets all excited and knows that it is just a matter of time and we will be loading up in the truck. He is ready to go, somewhere, anywhere, as long as he is with me. I finish changing clothes....shorts and a tank top would be perfect. It is warming up after a long, cold winter. I grab my big blanket, towels, a few snacks and drinks...and load up. I roll all the windows down in the truck, turn on my favorite music, Zeus sitting in the front co-pilot seat and we are ready to roll. We head out of the apartment parking lot and head straight for the beach. I can clear my head, read, write and of course play in the water. Zeus loves to dig and run and play in the water with me. I am going to spend the night there. This is the place that I can connect with my inner self, make sense of all the craziness that goes on and be free of a time clock. We arrive right at sunset. I park the truck, get out and let Zeus just run. I walk to the water's edge and sit down. The wind is blowing just a little bit, but it is warm on my skin. The sun is setting and it is casting hues of pink, red, orange and purple across the water. I take a deep breath and just sit there and watch. Finally, my time...my place of serenity.
© Copyright 2017 SilverRaven (tcrotts32 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2110766-Serenity