*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2110819-Aleeya
Rated: E · Draft · Family · #2110819
The day everything changed (Rough Draft_long story)
The morning air is crisp. Aleeya walked outside with her steaming cup of coffee and sat on the swing. The trees are still bare as winter is coming to an end. The sun is just coming up on the horizon, the horses are getting up, and the cows are stirring. She loves the beginning of the day. Everything just seems so fresh. The mule in the barn starts heehawing as he sees her coming out of the house. Aleeya is thinking to herself, another peaceful day on the farm! The thought no sooner formed in her mind when the phone started ringing.That could only mean one thing, and it can't be good. Nobody calls at 7:00 a.m.! Looking at the caller id, she notices that the phone number is a Texas number. She answers on the second ring. "I thought you moved to North Carolina!"...it was her ex husband. "I did! Why are you calling me and questioning this?" Glenn answered hastily, " I just saw you at the coffee shop as I was passing by!" Aleeya, getting annoyed already, answered, "Well, that is impossible! I am at my home in N.C.. I am sure it is just someone who looks like me, maybe you should have another cup of coffee! Don't bother me with such silliness. Go to work, Glenn, and have a good day." She hung up the phone, irritated that this is the way her day started.
Walking down to the barn, she started getting an uneasy feeling, way down deep. "What if???"....no way! Her sister died as an infant, so she was told her whole life. As she went through the morning chores at the barn, she couldn't shake the feeling that something just wasn't right. This feeling, or nagging, was bothering her all morning.

Aleeya had grown up in the city as an only child. She lived with her mother for a while, then her dad, then some lady she barely knew. So, feeling like she was just a pain in everyone's side, including her mom, she grew up rather quickly. She got her first job at 13, working the back of a restaurant with the understanding that she was not to be seen. After doing that for a while, she ended up on the streets, getting rides from whomever to where ever they were going. By the time she was 17, she was married.
© Copyright 2017 SilverRaven (tcrotts32 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2110819-Aleeya