*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2111465-Immigration-in-Japan
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Column · News · #2111465
comprehensive explanation about Japanese immigration.
As you know, Trump's executive order to prevent people from seven Middle East nations from entering to the US has been controversial around the world. We have seen demonstrations across the US and the world. Some politicians outside of the US condemned about his decisions .But Shinzo Abe, the Prime Minister of Japan showed no interest in this issue. During the press conference, he just said" I'm not in the positon which I can comment on this issue". It is not clear what he want to say. he just wanted to say" I don't want to comment". Why he keep "no comment"? He want to keep a good relationship with the allies? He is afraid Trump's executive order to send his troops in Japan back to the US? Maybe, these are the reasons, he try to build a good relationship with Trump. But there is an another reason to keep silence, Japanese immigration and refugee policy. Here is why this is the reason for silence.
Japan is the third largest economy, Japanese businesses export their products through the world like businesses in the US, France and German. But there is a huge difference among Japan and other economic giants, Japan has never officially accept immigrants from developing nations. If you lived in Japan, you would see the people whose color are same as you, who speak the same language as you do, you would rarely see people who has a different culture. Almost all of citizens are native, they were born in Japan, raise in Japan then end died in Japan. So they rarely experience the situation in which there are people from other cultures and they are afraid of accepting foreigners. Someone will oppose to this article by saying that there are so many Chinese and Koreans in Tokyo, Yokohama and Osaka. Yes, it is true. We have the Korean town in Tokyo, China town in Yokohama. But they rarely feel these facts, because their color are same as Japanese and most of them are naturalized to Japan so that they can't distinguish them with native Japanese.
Japanese rarely use the term, "Imin(移民)”, which means immigrants in Japanese. Even through we have the law to regulate immigration process and VISA, they don't use this term in the law. The name of the law is "Syutsu Nyukoku Kanri Ho(出入国管理法)”, which means the law for management of people who enter and leave the nation.
Japan does not like the concept, immigration. Even through they are experiencing shortage of labor forces, Japanese oppose to accept immigrants. It's same as refugees. According to the statistics from the Ministry of Justice in Tokyo in 2017, Japanese immigration Bureau received 10000 applications for refugees protections. But they approved only 28 applications.
But actually, Japan's economy is supported by foreigners. In "Syutsu Nyukoku Kanri Ho(出入国管理法)”, you will find the system called training system. The law said that the purpose of this system is giving foreign citizens in developing nations the opportunities to enhance their technics. foreigners worked in factories, farmers or care facilities in Japan to improve their technics they need in their workplaces in Japan.
But this system actually works as the way to reinforce the decreasing labor forces in Japan. Many factories, farmers and care facilities can't get enough staffs, so they get workers from outside. This system also useful for the government which know that they can't maintain their economic level without immigrants. foreigners who visited for trainings are permitted to stay in Japan up tp 3 or several years, they have to go back to their countries when their trainings end. So foreigners reinforce labor forces, then go back and replacements come.....that is the way how Japan accept foreigners and reinforced their labor forces.
© Copyright 2017 Taro Idabashi (nandemoii124 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2111465-Immigration-in-Japan