*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2112329-Correct-Use-Of-Its-And-Its
Rated: E · Assignment · Educational · #2112329
Sentences That Calls For Correct Use Of It’s And Its?
Assignment writing is never an easy task. In fact, in the very middle of writing some assignment that may be due in a short span of time, most students tend to make a number of small errors. This is not exactly their fault, rather it is a perfectly natural and acceptable phenomenon that when one gets into the low of writing, some errors will naturally occur. However, while it may be acceptable that in writing (or typing) at a very fast speed errors may occur, leaving those errors for the teacher to correct makes the assignment writing look immature and detracts from its quality. This is one of the main reasons why students are asked to edit their work before handing it in.

One of the most common of these errors that occur in assignment writing is the wrong use of it’s and its. Consider for instance these two sentences:

• The panda and it’s mother were sleeping.
• The panda and its mother were sleeping.

See the difference? In the first instance the use of the word ‘it’s’ is incorrect. Yet, the only difference between it’s and its is of the apostrophe (‘). Why is that such a huge difference? The small and very ‘seemingly’ insignificant apostrophe (‘). Why is that such a huge difference? The small and very ‘seemingly’ insignificant apostrophe is actually used to make the short form of the two words it and is. Spelt or spoken together, it is becomes it’s. If you were to read over the sentences again, doesn’t it make a world of difference now, to the meaning of the two sentences?

The biggest mistakes that students make in this regard is wait for the software that they may be using to write out their work on, to actually point out their mistakes to them. This is possibly the worst attitude that a student could take, and one that could very possibly cost them the quality of their paper. This is because while the in-built dictionaries that Google, Microsoft or any other OS might use are quite good, they have yet to attain perfection.

Assignment writing   is a serious and important task, and students should therefore take it very seriously. Allowing insignificant mistakes that could change the entire meaning of the sentence is not the best of ideas. For this reason, it is better to understand and check out for the difference between its and it’s so that the quality of your paper is never undermined.

British Assignments Help know these rules might be confusing you and pulling you back from doing your assignments and essays. Do not let these rules stop you from initiating efforts in doing something that will help you learn new things. We will make efforts, but the difference is how you learn from them. In this regard, there is always a helping hand there to help you in case you get stuck in writing your own assignments. Take help from professionals and experienced writers and shine out in your academia.
© Copyright 2017 StephenBrian (alexbret at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2112329-Correct-Use-Of-Its-And-Its