*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2112354-Working-Late
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2112354
Three Minute Read
Working Late

“How could I let her do this to me again!” said Frank, grumbling at staying late to meet a deadline on a project he hadn’t heard about until three today. And where was Gina? Oh she had an important appointment and ‘would be back as soon as she could.’ That was at four-thirty. The project was due tomorrow morning. It had barely been started! It would be an all-nighter for sure and he had serious doubts that he would see Gina again tonight.

She’d have a wonderful excuse, the appointment ran late, a flat tire, she was sure he’d have left, so planned to come in really early. Whatever.

It was time for someone to stand up to that woman! Leaving the project table, he sat down at his computer. Reams of pent up fury flew out of his fingers, everything she’d done, years of work she fobbed off on others and took credit for. When he was spent, he sat looking at the screen. Smiling he typed in the president of the company’s email address.

Then it hit him. It wouldn’t work! The president of the company was just as wound around her finger as anyone, more! That’s how she got all the promotions! There’d been rumors they were more than “friends.” If it was true, he’d be dead! A cold sweat broke out on his forehead at how close he’d come to suicide. He couldn’t afford to lose his job! “Suck it up, you stupid jerk!” he scolded himself.

Letting out a sigh of acceptance, he resigned himself putting the company first, to do the work. Gina would win again but he’d still have his job. As he reached over to delete the email, his thumb accidently brushed across the return key.

The cursor was on send.
© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2112354-Working-Late