*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2112411-For-the-truth-be-told-part-one
by LadyK
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2112411
Chapter 1- Two Kings (part 1)
Long ago, the world was nothing but a war zone. There were battles between kings of evil and kings of righteousness. These battles turned into wars of mass destruction and control. The kings of the sinful countries were about control, power, wickedness, and idolatry; while the kings of countries who were considered righteous were about living right in the eyes of God, love, compassion, ministry, and doing right for the sake of their people. What started these wars between these kings is mystery; but what forced these wars to come to a halt was the war between two young kings.

These kings’ names were Wyatu and Dari. They were once best friends from childhood to adulthood. They were even the best man at each other’s wedding. They been through the good times and bad…they were inseparable; mainly because they are brothers by blood. when their father passed away, Wyatu was crowned the new king of their country and he appointed Dari as his advisor. Wyatu changed the moment he became king. He taxed the people heavily and began to claim everything as his own. He took farmland from framers and forced them to work the land with little pay. If any man opposed or even stood up to Wyatu’s rule were sent to their graves and the family of that man will be separated. Because of these selfish and sinister acts King Wyatu portrayed before his people, he was the known as wyatu, king of sorrow.

Dari would advise his brother to not do the things he does to the people and country but nothing he says stops Wyatu from making these devastating decisions. There would be nights that he wish that he wasn’t in his country and there were days that he wish his father never put his brother as the king of the country regardless of family customs. It saddened Dari’s heart to see his people suffer. Dari began doing things behind his brother’s back; for an example, Wyatu only trusts Dari with everything. So when tax collection came around only Dari was to count and record it. Every one hundred coins counted one was taken out and put into a separate bag. Dari would then take that money and purchase food and cook for the people. He even helped fixed their huts and made sure his people had clean water, food for their homes, and proper medicine for the sick. He cared for them. He even played kick ball with the children.

One day,Wyatu so happens to walk by and overhear the villagers saying, "Dari is no king but has a heart for his people. why can't he be king?" or "soon Wyatu will fall and Dari, our great leader, will be king!" and " ALL HAIL KING DARI!!!" This angered Wyatu. He grew jealous of his brother and the more it grew the more it turned into hatred. His hatred for his brother was so great, Wyatu became paranoid and began thinking his brother was going to overthrow him and take his kingdom. Months had gone by and the hatred had build up in wyatu to the point he stormed out of his hut, went and faced his brother and fought him. Dari refused to fight his brother and refused to stop doing what was right for the people. Dari’s beliefs and morals conflicted with Wyatu's.

The fighting became more and more intense between the two, wyatu then banished his brother from their childhood home, the village, and the country. " YOU NEVER RETURN, DARI!!! TRAITOR!!!" Wyatu said as he threw Dari's things at him. Dari looked back at Wyatu, pointed and said, "WYATU!! YOU WILL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE SOWN. FOR I'M NO TRAITOR!!" Dari grabbed his things and began to walk farther and farther away from the village. wyatu stood there and watched his brother's figure disappear in the distance.
© Copyright 2017 LadyK (princessn1991 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2112411-For-the-truth-be-told-part-one