*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2112490-The-Beginning-of-Indian-Sub-Continent
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Column · Research · #2112490
South Asian Settlement: Beginning.


The initial dents of social liveliness in Indian Sub Continent go back to the Pre-Historic Age, approximately between 300,000 and 1800,000 B.C.

Cave Paintings and Rock Carvings from this era have been identified in many sections of South Asian Countries. Confirmation of domestication of pets, the enactment of cultivation, perpetual community establishments, and wheel-turned pottery measuring from the midst of the 6000 B.C. has been discovered in the foothills of Baluchistan and Sindh, both in current-day Pakistan.

One of the earliest vast civilizations--with a writing system, residential centers, and a varied cultural and commercial system--came around 3,000 B.C. along the Sindh River valley, also known as Indus River, in Sindh and Punjab. It incorporated more than 750,000 square kilometers, from the frontiers of Baluchistan to the wastelands of Rajasthan, from the Himalayan foothills to the southern most end Gujarat.

The portions of two major cities--Harappa and Mohan jo Daro--exhibit extraordinary engineering efforts of smooth city devising and correctly executed design, rainwater supply, and sewerage. Diggings at these sections and later archaeological expeditions at about Sixty-Five other locations in India and Pakistan renders a composite image of what is now commonly known as Harappan civilization (2600-1500 B.C.).



The Vedas are a collection of hymns and other religious texts composed in India between about 1500 and 1000 BCE. It includes elements such as liturgical material as well as mythological accounts, poems, prayers, and formulas considered to be sacred by the Vedic religion.
© Copyright 2017 Nikhil22 (nikhilc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2112490-The-Beginning-of-Indian-Sub-Continent