*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2112689-Standing-with-Standing-Rock-Sioux-Tribe
Rated: E · Draft · Political · #2112689
earth, air, water protectors
                   MNI WICONI- Water is Life

As a water protector, I stand in solidarity with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and all land, water, wildlife and humans harmed by oil pipelines. #no DAPL

"My boots on the ground" is when I make my stand at the banks of the Mississippi River in Hannibal, MO.

I borrowed the following quote. I do not know to whom to give credit. My gratitude is extended for these words said:

"You can live without money. You can live without oil. But you cannot live without water."


Note: A work in progress. I will add links for further information as this post grows.

With our progressive (world wide) society, new innovative ideas in science and creative means invented to help the "world" with better, cleaner, and cheaper energy is now ours for the implementation. As well as, many many more jobs to be had with these endeavors. The use of water and air energy to run machinery and other things to make our lives more comfortable and productive have been around for centuries.

I am alarmed by the "need for greed" in oil and coal to be the end to all means for energy. I am disturbed by the pipeline leaks that continue to take place that destroy the earth, wildlife, and human lives, all of which can never be replaced.
I do not declare myself as a protester, but rather a protector of our most valuable resources. Life itself must be respected and protected. Our earth must be honored as a precious gift.

There are many ways to harvest good and reliable energy rather than desecrate our planet and atmosphere with the idea that pockets must be lined with money for the investors. This grievous act for the pretend purpose of keeping us in energy is preposterous when other ways are readily available. We are an intelligent society. Shouldn't we invest in creative ideas and jobs to keep our lives safe for all?

Susan
Turtlemoon
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

https://www.change.org/p/jo-ellen-darcy-stop-the-dakota-access-pipeline/u/200407...



© Copyright 2017 turtlemoon-dohi (susanjwelker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2112689-Standing-with-Standing-Rock-Sioux-Tribe