*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2112933-If-I-CouldI-Would
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #2112933
It's always better to prevent than deal with the consequences later.
Write a story that includes the words: point, scream, love


Under a giant bougainvillea tree, Charito was making sure that Brook, a Himalayan mastiff, had a comfortable place to deliver. After an hour, she gave birth to five pups.

“Oh, how adorable! I love you already!" Charito remarked as she looked at the puppies slowly trudging their way in and around the kennel built for them.

The pups were just five days old. But two weeks prior to Brook's delivery, she already made it a point to her neighbors that adoption was on a first come first serve basis. Mrs. Chauhan was very keen on taking two males. "No females!" she emphasized. "They're no good! That's why I have sons!" she pressed proudly.

"Your sexism has, indeed, peaked." Charito wanted to scream at her face but she managed to calm herself down. She thought that arguing with a close-minded person would just give her a headache.

And if she had a choice, Charito would have certainly crossed out Mrs. Chauhan's name in the list of possible adopters because she really didn't want the pups to be adopted by her. But she might just actually let her if she couldn't find better human friends for the pups.

If only she had been more careful! If only there was a vet who practices tubectomy. But she'd searched for years to no avail.

"Maybe Marcus was right. I better become one!" she muttered to herself.


(Word count: 232)

© Copyright 2017 Astralrose (astralrose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2112933-If-I-CouldI-Would