*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2113039-Cleaning-up
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2113039
Three Minute Read
Cleaning up

Waiting for Joe, I was gazing across the street wishing I had my own car. I glanced up the street for Joe.

Looking back, I noticed a woman I’d just seen walking was gone. She couldn’t have gone into the door of the store; it wasn’t open, and next was a brick wall. Letting it go because, I didn’t care, I automatically glanced back as Joe pulled up and caught a flash of brown.

Had I not just seen the man in the brown raincoat when looking for my missing woman I would have thought it was wind in my eyes, but I’d seen him. Where had they gone? People don’t just disappear.

Next morning, I stood in a shadowed place watching. Soon I saw the woman I’d seen yesterday. As she passed the store, she glanced around, and about two feet along the wall, she disappeared! My stomach dropped!! The man in the brown raincoat was coming right along so I glued my eyes to him. As he got in front of the brick wall, he began blending. After about two steps poof. Gone.

The following day I waited. When the woman walked by, I got behind her, ahead of ‘Raincoat.’ She kept walking as if she didn’t know I was there. As we came to the wall, I got very close behind her, actually reaching out and touching her.

Well, you know the rest. I was arrested for molesting a woman on the street. Nobody believed me. Telling my story literally got me tossed in this psycho ward.

Dr. Milner looked at Frank. He was so honest. He sincerely believed he saw those people vanish into a wall. Unfortunately, that meant his brain had to be wiped. Rose stepped out of the wall behind him to help.
© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2113039-Cleaning-up