*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2113114-The-Angry-Neighbor
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #2113114
A story of confrontation and threat.
Write a story that includes the words: complain, investigate, damage


"Why are you throwing rocks at them?" Divya inquired furiously, yelling at her neighbor, NC. It's a short version for nuisance, for the man was a nuisance, knocking at her door when her husband's not around.

"They're barking so much. They disturb me!" he justified.

"They're dogs! What else will they do? And you don't need to hit them with rocks, you can just shoo them away," she tried to reason. Piff and Febi were village dogs and friends of Divya's dogs'.

NC didn't answer. Instead, he went straight to his house in long strides. But before he opened his door, he said, "I'll complain about this to the GM. I...I'll lodge a complaint against you, too...talking to me like that!" NC was so mad his door paid for it.

Instantly, Divya dialed her husband's number. He was still at the hospital for the evening duty. Though the clinic was just within the campus, she decided to call him and share what had just happened.

"Yo, babe! NC was throwing rocks at Piff and Febi because they were barking. Piff cried and was limping. When I confronted him, he threatened to report this to the GM. He has done this thrice so I felt I had to say something."

"Let him complain! If GM is a proper man he will investigate the matter or just dismiss it right away."

"Hm. I doubt that he is a proper man!"

"We'll see. But your involvement could bring more damage and harm to these dogs. He could have them poisoned. He is capable of doing that!"

"You have a point!" Divya acknowledged. She knew the attitudes of the people around her. If they could eliminate all the street dogs in the campus, they would.

She sighed. She knew what to do next time.

(Word count: 300)

© Copyright 2017 Astralrose (astralrose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2113114-The-Angry-Neighbor