*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2113240-Devils-Crib
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Ghost · #2113240
not decided yet
The ritual was supposed to be very specific. Olga was there of course, with the oriental and there was the child. The shaman was there as well, dressed differently for the ceremony. Then there were the Hollingtons. The Husband in a trance and the wife looking as if she wanted to be somewhere else.

They were the five of them, including the shaman, who would be conducting the ritual. But really as Olga was thinking, it was really going to be her, who would be presiding and ultimately decide the outcome.

The outcome was going to be very specific. The ritual was a sacrifice.

The child was the sacrifice. It was not as simple as to kill the child. She was not to be killed, but in fact she was supposed to be nurtured. For she was going to be a receptacle for something bigger, a force that will eventually be borne by her.

Astrologically, it was the the winter solstice, the day was more ominous because it was a lunar eclipse, although there seemed to be enough light from the few stars doting the skyline to make appearances visible. It was cold although the wind was surprisingly quiet. Almost subdued. This is it thought Olga - the perfect day for the ceremony. She had carefully chosen this day and the time measuring her calculations with precision with all the astronomical instructions she could lay her hands on. It would have helped if she had sought a second opinion but she had been dissuaded from doing so for there was no one who could be an authority in such matters and to seek advice would have meant reveling her intentions to strangers, which could have raised suspicion. Finally she had chosen to do the calculations herself and had decided on the time and day when the sun would be farthest from the earth and the moon would be in complete eclipse. Now all that remained was for the shaman to do his part.

The girl must be cold, Olga thought, she was there standing naked inside the pentagram itched on the rough ground. She was perfect for the ritual, Olga had picked her as her subject the day she saw her. She was flawless, perfect for the sacrifice and further discreet investigation had revealed that she was still a virgin. A necessary condition before all else.

"Silence! In Nomine Dei Nostri Satanas!" said the shaman. Only then did Olga notice the whimpers coming from afar. Probably the girl sensing the approaching moment.


CHAPTER I

Half asleep, I knew I was dreaming, however I had no control over it. It was as if I was possessed by a force making me stay with it. As always, I was immobile, I couldn't lift a single finger, I felt locked into the dream for eternity.

It was the same thing all over again. I could see myself walk all alone into the night. It was a deserted road with trees on both sides creating strange shadows to dance on the path. It was time. walking alone. Always alone with only the shadows for company.

Only tonight it did seem like I was smiling, smiling at some event in the hazy distance, unclear yet certain.

And then I could move again. The dream suddenly disappearing as fast as it had occurred. I woke up in a cold sweat, trying to remember who I was.

It was always like that with me. It took me a while to remember who I was and where when I woke up.

I looked around the room in the dim light of the night lamp. It was utter chaos with clothes, bags, books and everything else strewn across the room.

But that is how I loved it. I love the chaos. I mean I cant live a organized life, whereas normal people avoid the chaotic, I tend to welcome it. I also love to remain hidden. By hidden I mean that I wish that people who I meet forget me the instant I get the result I wanted from them.

Probably why I dont have friends, nor do I seek friendship.

When did I last shave and had a proper meal?

Well no time to think about that! the dream and what it meant was more significant.



© Copyright 2017 wolfpack (entropy_rhythm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2113240-Devils-Crib