*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2114074-Purpose
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Drama · #2114074
Wayward young woman gets an alternative to jail time and has a chance to restore her life.
Being considerably taller, he looked down at her. She was a little overweight, but it didn't detract from her. She had pink sneakers with ankle socks. He could see her too small bra under her too small hoodie. It rode up just a bit and he could see the gray band of her 'underwear' on the back of her left hip. For a big girl, her legs were shapely and nice.
Her face was soft and her eyes were bright. The baseball hat she wore backwards covered all of her hair. She had tiny studs in both ears. She was compact, stout, short, and had lost all of her identity.
He spoke for the first time. "The next time I see you, you will wear a dress."
"I'm more comfortable this way." she answered back.
"It wasn't a request." He countered, taking a breath to maintain his calm.
"It's just..."
He cut her off. "You dress like a male. Do you think you're a male? Do you identify as a male?" His voice was sharp but not raised.
"No." she replied. "I'm just not an attractive girl." A tear ran down her cheek and she whisked it away with her thumb.
"Who told you that?" He asked.
"A lot of people, but mainly my mother." she answered.
"She's a liar and a poor parent." He scoffed.
"She did the best..."
He cut her off again. "Do you believe that the Bible is the Word of God?"
She was silent for a long moment. "I guess I do." she answered. "I haven't..."
"You do or you don't. Which is it? Do you believe the Bible is the Word of God or not?" He pressed.
"Yes." Another tear was chased after by a sniffle.
He spun around and grabbed the Bible from the table. He quickly thumbed through it to find what he was looking for. "This is Psalm 139." As he read it to her he replaced all of the pronouns with her name.
{font:times{i}}"It was you who formed Kelly's internal organs,
fashioning Kelly within her mother's womb.
14 I praise you,
because you are fearful and wondrous!
Your work is wonderful,
and Kelly is fully aware of it.
15 Kelly's frame was not hidden from you
while Kelly was being crafted in a hidden place,
knit together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes looked upon the embryo that was Kelly,
and everything was recorded in your book.
The days scheduled for Kelly's formation were inscribed,
even though not one of them had come yet."{/i}
He closed the Bible and put it back on the table.
He looked back at her, tears streaming down her face. "Do you know why you were born?"
She shook her head.
"...and yet God made you for some purpose. Do you believe that?"
Kelly made no response.
"Starting tomorrow we will work to find for what purpose God has made you."
She looked up at him with some sort of cautious hope.
He smiled at her and added. "...and you'll be in a dress."


© Copyright 2017 Jordan Styke (jordanstyke at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2114074-Purpose