*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2114154-No-Net
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2114154
280 words - Flash Fiction - Fantasy
No Net

It all started with an internet quiz. The kind that scroll up on your Facebook page because someone on your friends list wanted to know “What Old Hollywood Star Would You Be?” Or “What Color is Your Spirit?” Or, “How Stupid Are You?” The one I clicked was” What Kind of a Witch are You?” I had no idea, so I clicked.

The only reason I chose flying as the magic power I wanted was because shooting-flames-from-my-fingertips was not an option, and although it sounded intriguing, I could not think of any single time I would want to breathe underwater. So, I picked flying.
And now I can. It’s not as much fun as one would think. Do you remember the old TV series, “Greatest American Hero” with William Katt and Robert Culp? Katt finds a red body suit and for some reason puts it on. The suit allows him to fly, but he can’t control it. This is like that, but without the cape.

I found out when I tripped over Cisco, my cat, and fell down the stairs in my condo. Or rather, didn’t fall. No one was more surprised than me. Well, maybe Cisco, but pretty much everything surprises Cisco. Other cats, the color yellow, flying women.

Let’s just say the drywall damage in the entryway is ten feet up, and more less the same size and shape as my feet.

I mean, seriously, how do you get down? The answer is painfully. And air currents. How much thought have you ever given to air currents? Me, none. Turns out they are important when you can fly.

I am definitely going to need a cape.
© Copyright 2017 Hitchhiker (hitchhiker1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2114154-No-Net