*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2114704-The-Moon-and-Her-Family-part-1
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Fantasy · #2114704
All myths are based on some shred of truth, but is the truth really what you seek.

INTRO

All myths are based on some shred of truth, but is the truth really what you seek.

Now you all know the stories of those who are half human, half beast, by day one way and by night another. You think you know the truth of my family. You might be right in part but remember this; we are our beast first with the humanity as a bonus. Now onto the topic at hand; my kids and their friends need help and to do so you must know their stories. . .


STORY ONE: INTRODUCTIONS

CHAPTER ONE

Just because they are your blood, or you are theirs does not make you family. Just because they are not blood, or you are not theirs does not mean you are not family.


Mother

He always loved myths, the stories of gods, goddesses, spirits, and dragons. Above all else he loved the war between the vampires and the werewolves, or as he called it war in the dark of night. Little did he know he was, and still is, to play a pivotal role in the war. One night he was out in the woods by a lake, like he did whenever he could, praying in accustom to every myth he knew for a family. That last bit was new though, he normally prayed to be able to go without one, now as to say why, that is his choice to explain not mine.


It was then I realised what he needed and that family is not just blood, but family can be a pack when blood fails, as his had. So I sent a daughter of mine, Yana, who I knew could relate to his troubles, to the lake to befriend him. However things did not go as I had planned and she was caught by a trap. However he heard her howl, and then again but this time it transitioned almost to a human yelling in pain, before falling into silence. This would have driven most people away, but not him, he ran towards the sound, towards my daughter.


When he first saw her, he saw a beautiful, unconscious, young woman around his age, dangling from a trap. Then he got closer and noted something was off about her, she looked like some sort of human-wolf-hybrid, then it hit him. She was a werewolf.


CHAPTER TWO

There are two wolves fighting inside of you one is made of the good in you and the other, blind anger. The one that is winning is the one the you are feeding at the moment. But the other wolf can still find scraps that have been long forgotten.

Yana


I wish I had been born into another pack, one built on respect not fear. Or better yet, born human, as humans can choose their own fate, as they are not bound to a leader. In our pack the alpha rules with an iron fist, he forbids us from venturing out of our territory, or training. He keeps us weak, if we are weak, we don't dare to challenge him for command. All alphas are bound by the wolf code to accept such a challenge. I knew his regime had to end, so I risked everything to leave. I told no one, as there was no one to tell. I had no living friends, the alpha killed them all to punish me, I could not tell my mom as I never knew her, there was no way I could tell my dad, my dad was my alpha.


Once I left the edge of his domain I saw a woman I sensed was like me, she claimed to be my mother, she told me to change. I looked at her like she was crazy; there was no moon, thus very little wolf power to grab hold of, not even enough to heal a cut, let alone change. But she insisted I try so I did. Then an amazing thing happened: I changed, but this was not my normal wolf like from yesterday, when wolf's time ended. I was bigger, stronger and much more majestic, I felt like I could do anything, kill anyone. As if sensing my thoughts the woman told me that I would be unable to kill my old alpha, he would still beat me, and that losing to the alpha in this more powerful state would bring a fate worst than death, and the life I left behind. She also told me of a young human male who could help someone who needed my gift, someone who needed to be able to use the power of the wolf. I agreed to help this human, I would do anything to bring my old alpha down. So I took off in search of the one I was told can help. Normally I can control myself when in wolf form but for the first time in years, the wolf took over. I lost control and I blacked out.


CHAPTER 3


When you are at the edge of darkness, look around. There is a light, and thus there is hope.


The Lost Son


I hate my life, school is boring, the walks to and from school are worst, and the worst time of all was when I was home with my family. I have had bad bullies in school all my life, but they are all nowhere close to how bad my parents are to me. The worst part of it is they are my family, I am their flesh and blood, they should protect me, but they do not. Last night I decided that I would not see the next year of my life, that year begins tomorrow. So I followed the stream that ran by my home, to the lake in the woods, for what I hope would be the last time. I was tying of large rocks to my legs. The reason I chose to drown is because if water is moving there is nothing holding it back, nothing bogging it down, water has the life I wish I had ,and perhaps if it took my old life I would be a part of it in my next.


Just as I was about to jump I heard something, at first It seemed like a wolf, but then it seemed almost human. I have no clue why but I want to see what that noise was, and I want to see if I could help in any way. There would be plenty of time before midnight anyway, I knew I would not be welcome home the next day, not even for my birthday.


I have been walking for a while, maybe I should . . . *trip* . . . I hate those logs, I'm lucky that that was not a trap. Crud there goes my luck, I'm in a poachers trapping area, and it looks like they caught a wolf But it does not look like any I have seen it seems almost . . . human. beautiful skin, but dark and intertwined with wild hair Say more about what he thought when he saw her. Does that mean those stories are true? I I should run away . . .but where will I go and how will I leave this creature behind without knowing more if its nature. Let me see if it is still alive, maybe I should nope guess I'll never know. Ouch, it just bit me guess it's not dead. Wow it is painful, I need to sit down . . . *passes out*

END STORY ONE

© Copyright 2017 zixxfire (zixxfire at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2114704-The-Moon-and-Her-Family-part-1