*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2114998-My-love-of-the-unwanted
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #2114998
A poem/story about my love of the unwanted masses.
Everyone around me tells me that I should do things differently. That I should stay away from the people that I am close to. They tell me that if I want to continue to be hurt then it's my own fault. They say to me that I am stupid for putting myself through these things.
I say to them... Everyone needs someone to love them, everyone needs a true friend, everyone needs someone who loves them no matter what they do wrong.
It is these people, these outcasts, these fuck-ups who will really return your love and your effort when the day is really done.
These people who feel that nobody cares about them. The ones that feel like their life is worthless. These are the people that need me the most and that is why I love these people with all my heart.
I know that I will be hurt, betrayed, and a million other horrible things that I have to go through personally but it don't matter. I will love them anyway. I will stand beside them anyway. Because I know, in the long run, these people will be the ones that really needed me.
My soul is clean, my heart is true and I am not a hypocrite. You are just playing an act if you pretend to help the homeless by giving them a little money while you live your middle to upper class life. You can only help these people if you truly love them. If you live their life, day by day with them. That is real love. Not a handout.You now know how their life feels...you feel the pain with them and you take on their struggles as your own to try to show them that they are in fact loved. That their life is worth something.
You just can't do this looking in from the outside. Looking in from your comfortable situation. It just don't work that way. You have to love them, save them, hold them as close to your heart as if you would die without them. For me this is true.
So tell me again that I am stupid for loving who I love... Tell me again that I am just begging for a new heartache..That's fine... I will be the one that the discarded remember when all is said and done. They will say that I was the only friend they had. I was that true love, I was the one that cared when nobody else did.
© Copyright 2017 Derinda Harp (derinda at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2114998-My-love-of-the-unwanted