*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2115321-The-Fancy-Dress-Party
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2115321
Diana is having a hard time choosing her costume for Bruce's fancy dress party. 290 words.
Diana settled the wig a little more firmly on her head. This dressing up was not nearly as easy as it looked. It had taken her forever to choose an outfit for Bruce's fancy dress party, mostly because she kept changing her mind. Her first thought had been to simply wear a sheet with holes cut out for her eyes. But then she talked to Sue who was constructing something out of cardboard boxes. A lot of cardboard boxes.

Next, she went for coffee with Clarke and he went on for ages about how he had trawled the internet for days to find the perfect costume. In the end, he had given up trying to find something off the peg and had assembled the various pieces from different sources. 'It has to be just right, Diana!' he said, pushing his glasses up his nose. 'Don't you agree?'

She had nodded with what she hoped looked like enthusiasm, which caused her own glasses to slip a little. Adjusting them absent-mindedly, she asked, 'But how did you settle on a costume?'

'Oh, I just picked the person I look up to most,' he said.

Once she knew what she wanted, finding a blonde wig, blue leotard, red skirt, and red boots had not proved difficult. She had made the effort to make the big yellow 'S' for the front herself. What she had not counted on was how difficult it was to get a blonde wig to sit properly on her own thick, dark hair.

She arrived at the party at the same time as someone who was dressed as Wonder Woman. The two looked at each other and burst out laughing.

'I see through your disguise, Miss Prince!' smiled Kara Danvers.
© Copyright 2017 Rose Green (rose.green at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2115321-The-Fancy-Dress-Party