*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2115332-Light-Love
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2115332
Random Ramblings
I stumbled across a forest of dim lights blockaded by Autumn brown leaves flowing down my path across the park. They fell like droplets of water on a sweet summer night. Static attraction to the top of my auburn hair and cream wool sweater.

All I could notice, light waves of sound on the off-beaten path of my walk. No children in sight, and slight wind being pushed by the light sounding waves. As though the wind were light waves of water on a sandy beach.

I sharpened my path towards the sound, but the sound and wind stopped immediately. I stopped and took a minute, waiting. She glared at me invisibly, and I do not know how she noticed. I did not look and went back on my course, then the sound played again.

The path curved into a blush of brushes that encircled a smooth air of calm.

'The sound was faint now, but I swear the sound came from this area', I thought to myself.

'Light, Love?', she sounded wistfully into my ear.

I dared not turn around. I felt the sadness rush from my heart into my eyes. My mind attempted to block the overflow of tears, but the water pushed out of my eyes.

'I want to see you again...' I whispered gently to the wind as slight harmonics rang like light melodies into my ears. I convinced myself she was still here, as I grasped my sweater tightly to remember. Yet, I never turned around because I don't want her to disappear.

I gave myself the minute I needed for her as the air stopped breathing. So I whisked away the water from my eyes, smiled for her; smiled for myself.

'I will move forward... For the both of us' I whispered gently. She replied with a light melody of air that tasted like sweet euphoria in my ears.

I was afraid... But I turned around in this park... where the light shines so slightly. The wind, so sweet.
© Copyright 2017 ImSorry (lloyd998 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2115332-Light-Love