*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2115972-Part-10--Goodbye
by Utsu
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #2115972
Chapter 10 of my project
Minutes went by and Shiina, who led Utsu and Fenibax to her dinning room, gave her friends some cup of tea. Fenibax started talking.

-"So you're leaving huh? Why join that particular group of people though?"

-"Why not? I'm feeling like i'm stuck here , running in circle in a way.Also i don't have anything that keep me in this town, not anymore anyway. It's now just the place where my father died and my mother abandoned me, why should i stay here?"

-"I understand, but it's still an important decision i know you'll never take such a choice if you didn't looked at every other possibilities already."

-This tea is really disgusting, don't you have hot chocolate here? Asked Utsu balancing on his chair.

-"I got something real hot right here for you." Whispered Indis to him.

Utsu surprised lost focus and fell down of his chair.

-"Utsu i don't think it's the best moment to be horsing around like that. Shiina just told us that's she'll be leaving town maybe forever."

-"Yeah, but i was already about to leave too anyway, i'll just go with her."Said Utsu getting back on his chair and starting to balance himself again.

-"What? But why?!" Asked Fenibax shocked.

-"I think that in the panic, you forgot my bag at the shrine of aura, so people will find it soon enough and come right to me next. Said Utsu nonchalantly.

-"Oh so you're all leaving me behind without even talking to me about it?" Said Fenibax outraged.

-"Oy smart guy, that's exactly what we are doin' right now."

-"And when are you actually leaving?" Asked Fenibax.

-"Now." Answered Shiina while leaving the room.

-"Well i guess right now then." Added Utsu.

-"What? You're leaving me alone here?"

-"Well you're to oldest one here you can come with if you wanna."

-"Wait a sec , i came here 2 years ago, you guys grow up here together and you're both less reluctant to leave than me. Don't you think there's a problem here?"

-Listen, this town witnessed only separation, tragedy and despair. Shiina and i understood real fast that we'll need to go because when staying here and wait for the war to end, death and pain would always come back to us. Leaving now or in 2 or 3 weeks what's the difference really?

-"Maybe you're right, but what about you're family?"

-"My mom and grandma?" Said Utsu before howling out in laughter. "You really think my mom seduced my dad only with her pretty face? She's as strong, maybe even stronger, than my dad, i mean she's far stronger than any of us, even Shiina is not on her level."

Shiina entered the room again a little bag on her shoulder.

-"So, Utsu are we taking our leave?"

-"You bet! Let's go see that Kanekyodai thingie!"

Fenibax followed them outside silently.

-"Utsu you were not invited to join this guild what if they send you away?" Asked Fenibax, still trying to change Utsu's mind.

-"I dunno, i'll surely become a mercenary and work alone, i mean not really alone but you know..."

-"Okay, i'll come with you guys because i don't want anything to happen to you while i'll be here alone, i couldn't forgive myself if you died and i didn't do anything to prevent it. We'll come back though, right?" Said Fenibax, anxious.

-"Of course we'll come back, i don't plan on abandoning my family Fen'."

They walked until they arrived at Utsu's house. Utsu entered and went upstairs to grab his stuff, he came down and looked at his mother, his bag on his shoulder and his mantle on the other.His mother looked at him in the eyes and he did so as well. Words was not needed their looks was enough conversation as it was. Utsu took his mother in his arms.

-"I love you mom."

-"My son, i knew this day would come, may fate be on your side and be sure to bring honor and pride to our family name, i'm counting on you."

-"Of course mom, i swear i will."

Utsu walked to the door of the house blowing a kiss and winking at his grandmother on the way back who started laughing softly before Utsu leaved.

-"This kid is gonna do great things, Mio, you know that?"

-"Yes i know he will."Answered Utsu's mom looking at his son through the window.

Utsu went out and found Shiina and Fenibax again.

-"I need to go see Jaki." Said Fenibax, sadly.

They took the direction of the Silver Firefly, when they arrived Fenibax got in and went right to the kitchen, to find Jaki preparing ingredients for dinner.

-"Jaki...i'm leaving." Simply said Fenibax.

-"Oh, you mean right now?"

-"Yes, i think it's time for me to continue my travels."

-"You're not coming back, are you? Said Jaki releasing the ingredients she were holding in the bowl she was using to clean them.

-"Of course i will, i'll never abandon you!" Said Fenibax grabbing her hand. "I'll come back, it's a promise." He said, tightening his grip on her hand.

After a little while she answered.

-"I trust you Fenibax, you'll always be welcome here don't forget about me alright?"

-"Yes, i'll come back as soon as possible."

-"Thanks for all the things that you did for me, come back soon."

-"I will."

Fenibax released Jaki's hand slowly and started to turn back but he just got enough time to see a tear rolling down Jaki's face. Gritting his teeth he kept walking away and join Utsu and Shiina outside.

-"What's happening big boy? Gonna cry?" Asked Utsu with a mocking smile.

Fenibax looked at him furious apparently about to give Utsu the lecture of his life.

-"Oh come on, i was joking, you know just like you did with the mirror, you should chill man. We'll come back soon enough."Said Utsu turning back.

They leaved together for the gates at the north of town.

-"Farewell Glendard." Said Shiina, walking past the gates with the stoic expression she wear on her face like usual.

-"This town is the only place where i ever felt like i was home.I'm looking forward to our return." Said Fenibax following her.

Utsu got out of town and looked over his shoulder for a moment.

-"Finally..." He said with relief before running back to his friends.
© Copyright 2017 Utsu (utsukiserket at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2115972-Part-10--Goodbye