*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2116171-The-day-I-met-Bigfoot
Rated: E · Fiction · Paranormal · #2116171
fictional story based on a real experience I had as a child.
The time I met the Sasquatch aka Bigfoot.

         I was thirteen years old at the time of this story. Our family decided to have a huge family reunion at my uncle's farm. My uncle on my Father's side was a strange fellow but I won't go into that right now.
         A cousin and I went off into the woods to do some exploring. The Wooded area outside my Uncle's farm stretched for miles which then emptied into a state Park. A few miles from there was Mount Baker national Forest.
         My cousin William and I walked through the thick forest along a well-established trail. As we approached a deep creek, there was a bridge my uncle had made out of a fallen Tree he had flattened out and added a Rope to hold on to as a guide.
         William went first across the Bridge, then I followed. I hated being that far off the ground which was about maybe 10 feet, but that felt like a hundred. We continued our journey down the other side of the bridge down another path which would lead to a fence. As we were talking and laughing, we both smelled something awful.
         "Did you fart?" William asked holding his nose.
         I laughed, "You got to be smelling yourself then."
         We laughed and continued a bit further, but then we heard some rustling in the bushes ahead of us and we stopped cold. We both heard a grunting noise which did not sound like anything we had ever heard. The grunts started low and rumbling, but then they went high pitched. Needless to say, we were frightened because we were so far away from the Farm by this time.
         "Is it a bear?" William asked darting his eyes around the area.
         "I don't know. but whatever it is, it sounds angry." I said scared out of my senses.
         We looked at each other as we watched this huge black mass rise up from where it was hidden in the bush to stand straight and tall in front of us.
         It was everything that you can imagine or seen what bigfoot or Sasquatch looked like. Hair all over its body. It was tall and towered over us. It had broad shoulders and a huge head.
We screamed and ran as fast as our legs could carry us. Mind you, I was a 190 pound thirteen year old, so running was nearly impossible.
         We stopped a second to look and the creature was not there. But we kept running until we reached the bridge. I recall basically flying over the bridge, the mere ten feet off the ground didn't even scare me as I made it over the bridge in four steps.
         We continued to run down the path towards my uncle's Barn where we fell to the ground crying. First out of breath and exhaustion, and because of the fear we had that the creature would show up out of the woods at any second.
         "What's wrong with you two?" My uncle asked.

         "We saw that thing out there!" William said.

         "What thing?" My uncle asked looking out at the woods.

         "One of those bigfoot things," I said out of breath.

         My uncle laughed which surprised us. He looked at us with a smile. "Oh, that is just George."

         "George?" we both said together.

         "Yes, George. He is a Bigfoot, but he is harmless. The first time I saw him I was scared, but then he just looked at me with soft eyes and then left." My uncle said with a comforting smile.

That was the last time that I had been at the farm. We had moved out of state, and I never was able to go back. I suppose one day I would love to go back and to travel down the trail that leads me to a discovery that there are strange things in this world.

Bigfoot, Sasquatch, even the yeti is real, just ask my uncle.
© Copyright 2017 yogertlvr (etower036 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2116171-The-day-I-met-Bigfoot